meshsmooth tips

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2013
meshsmooth tips

Hello everyone, I was watching a tutorial where someone was using Maya an they took a cube an then applied mesh-smooth (from what I can see) then moved the vertex's around, after they switched out of that mode and did a bit of tweaking with the edges. They kept going in and out of this mode.

My question in concern is how do I do this with 3DS Max? They are both autodesk applications so I would believe both techniques are available and they didn't stop from the process being at hand.

I'll link the video for those who want to view what I'm talking about to get a better understanding. Also IF this technique is possible with 3DS Max what are the hotkeys and process to make this happen?

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVO-WmV497w

Thanks,
Mike

08 August 2013
Quote: They are both autodesk applications so I would believe both techniques are available and they didn't stop from the process being at hand.
They weren't both AD until a few years ago so your assumption is wrong.

What you are probably looking for is the End Result Toggle in the Modifier Stack.
Create an object, convert to editable poly, apply an Meshsmooth or Turbosmooth and start working in the editable poly.
By toggling the 'Show End Result' you'll see the results of either all modifiers or the one you are currently accessing.

http://docs.autodesk.com/3DSMAX/13/...umber=d0e459696

08 August 2013
Thanks for the history update. I thought they weren't both AD but after i saw the title it hit me and I thought I was always mistaken. If you watch the video the person is moving vertex while the smooth modifier is currently selected and it affects the editable poly modifier when they switch back. This was my concern of how to be able to use that if 3ds max is capable of it. If not I'll just have to toggle back and forth.

Thank you

08 August 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread