Quicksilver: Work on other stuff while rendering?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2013   #1
Quicksilver: Work on other stuff while rendering?

Nevermind, solved: Turned out that 3ds max was using my integrated graphics card instead of my geforce. turned out that if your Nvidia 3d settings are set to "auto choose graphics card" all applications will chose the right one except 3ds max, so setting that one to be forced Nvidia made it work.

Last edited by Niber : 08 August 2013 at 10:21 PM.

Old 08 August 2013   #2
Just give 3dsmax.exe a low thread priority in task manager, should do the trick.

Old 08 August 2013   #3
Originally Posted by Diffus3d: Just give 3dsmax.exe a low thread priority in task manager, should do the trick.

Dude, Didn't you read? I'm talking GPU rendering, task manager deals with CPU.

Anyway I've tried that as well but no difference.

Old 08 August 2013   #4
Originally Posted by Niber: Dude, Didn't you read? I'm talking GPU rendering, task manager deals with CPU.

Since it's GPU, dude, It's not the actual CPU that chokes, but rather the screen refreshing. And since it swallows all the available GPU resource, that's that...

With other GPU renderers (iray for once) u can use two video cards - one to draw the display, and another, devoted to rendering, so no stutter will occur.

Other than that, no need to be rude more so when u are asking for help.

Old 08 August 2013   #5
Originally Posted by moulder6: Since it's GPU, dude, It's not the actual CPU that chokes, but rather the screen refreshing.

I should mention that any playing music comes to a halt, so I guess that implies it's not just a screen refreshing problem.

But anyway, turned out that when 3ds max finally used the right graphics card (instead of integrated) everything works out, I'm writing this as I'm doing serious rendering in BG

Last edited by Niber : 08 August 2013 at 10:23 PM.

Old 08 August 2013   #6
EDIT: fuck it.

Last edited by Diffus3d : 08 August 2013 at 10:34 PM.

Old 08 August 2013   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread