3d Autocad Model to 3d Max for rendering in vray

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2013   #1
3d Autocad Model to 3d Max for rendering in vray

Hello. I'm new in this thread and also a beginner in 3ds max (i use 2013 version).
I was hoping to get help with the workflow between 3d Autocad Model to 3d Max for rendering (I installed vray).
I want to model a house in autocad 2013 and just import it to 3ds max 2013 to place some materials, textures and also render it with vray there.

Is there any tutorial or workflow instructions that would help me with this problem? Do I have to properly layer things in autocad in order to place materials/textures in 3ds max? How does photoshop help the rendering? how do I placing trees, people , cars?

I would really appreciate the help. Thank you very much.

Old 06 June 2013   #2
If you can layer it properly in cad then great (as you're familiar with it already ) but you can do it in max too with a simplified layer manager.

You can open a .dwg in max and then start working. I'm pretty sure you can xref straight into max from .dwg but I've only used the civil design extension. Apart from that it's easier to just work in max.

Apply materials in max. Very broad request though :-)

Have you looked at the tutorials that ship with it?

Old 06 June 2013   #3
[shameless self promotion]I recently completed an entire video series with much of what you're looking to do incorporated into it. The workflow deals specifically with Plant 3D dwg's but really it's just a dwg being imported into 3DS Max. Hope it helps.[/shameless self promotion]

http://www.davetyner.com/2013/03/au...utorial-series/

Old 06 June 2013   #4
These tutorials are really handy Dave. Thanks for sharing!

Checked out the first 2 so far. the importer script is nice. I 'lolled' at your presentation style too. Haha.

Espire 1: My VR Stealth game - CGTalk thread

Old 06 June 2013   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread