AD Naiad

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2013   #16
Don't be so sure, after all as I mentioned before, one of the things being asked in the latest survey was whether you'd want to see the integration of a fluid simulator.

That being said I'm not completely disagreeing with you on a few points about autodesk's monetary policies, I won't say any more...

Old 06 June 2013   #17
The last I heard Autodesk mention Naiad was in one of their 'expert challenge' webinars.
Check it out here (video will start playing at 15:30~)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys5d...utu.be&t=15m35s

"No plans to ship Naiad as a product from Autodesk"

Espire 1: My VR Stealth game - CGTalk thread

Old 06 June 2013   #18
Personally, I would say if you are looking at Fluids in 3ds max to give PhoenixFD a look. They have been doing a lot of new features and updates (at least in the nightly builds) including stuff like wavelet and more advanced liquid simulations. You can see what Ivaylo has been doing in the forum here or his Vimeo page here.

Wish I had more time to invest in working/playing with it, but have the day to day work first. :-/

-Eric

Old 06 June 2013   #19
Some more light on Naiad here:

Quote: We asked Gruman point blank “you have these great best of categrory products, you bought Naiad, our question is … can we have it back please?” Gruman responded that firstly (and perhaps surprisingly) if a customer has a project you can approach Autodesk at almost a consulting level and they will do special one off Naiad sales. But more importantly, he said “we did not buy it to put it on a shelf” (meaning bury it) and went on to say it very much will be reappearing. He can’t discuss when, but from his reaction he seemed both very excited and keen to see the new product or product extensions involving Naiad return to the front of house, and be available for everyday customers to use and work with. For his money “that can’t happen soon enough.” While no timeline was given, know that fxguide will be exploring this again around Siggraph this year in a few months.

http://www.fxguide.com/featured/aut...moke-and-flame/

Old 06 June 2013   #20
Thanks for linking the article, that was very interesting to read!

Espire 1: My VR Stealth game - CGTalk thread

Old 06 June 2013   #21
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread