3ds max 2013 backburner issue

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2013   #1
3ds max 2013 backburner issue

Hi all
There seem to be many posts on here dating way back with various different issues with backburner.
I have been working with one pc for a while and have just recently bought a 2nd pc.
Backburner has always been fine for me but I only use one pc so knowwhere really for it to go wrong. But now I’ve introduced a 2nd pc into the mix, Im having issues.
Im using a NAS with a switch, so all files are stored on the nas and then both pcs are connected to the switch which is connected to the nas!
The problem i am getting is this:
I run the manager on my main pc, I then run the server on my 2nd pc. I run the monitor on my main pc and both pcs appear in the list, however the 2nd pc shows as “Idle”. When I run the server on the 2nd pc is says registration ok but then doesnt go any further. I have several jobs sat on the monitor ready to render and it just wont pick any up, the monitor always stating the 2nd pc is “Idle”.
I have made sure everything is being run as administrator, all firewalls are turned off, and both pc’s can see each other.
I’m running max 2013 by the way, on both pcs. The backburner on both pcs is exactly the same version.
I should mention that my main pc is windows 7, and my new 2nd pc is windows 8!!! Should I expect this to cause a problem? I didn’t think it would make a lot of difference but maybe this is where the problem lies.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks a lot in advnace for any advice you may be able to give me
Cheers

Old 05 May 2013   #2
do you have "use all servers" checked in the net render dialog box?

Old 05 May 2013   #3
Hi
Yeah definitely got "use all servers" checked.
Thanks for the idea though - worth checking but definitely got it checked

Old 05 May 2013   #4
Both are 64 bit?

Old 05 May 2013   #5
Yep both 64bit.
Has anyone else got a group of pcs with mixed operating systems? And does backburner still work?
Thanks

Old 05 May 2013   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread