vray Mtlwrapper alpha problem

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2013   #1
vray Mtlwrapper alpha problem

Hello
I´m having a problem: I have 3 objects that intersect each other, but I want to render them separately and want the mutual intersections parts to not render too. So I used vrayMtlwrapper material on the object that I want to not render and standart vray material on the other two. Repeated this process 3 times , and in the end got 3 png's with tranparency , that I composed in photoshop to see if it was ok.
But on the edges of each object got 1 pixel of tranparency, so the composition dont fit together well.
How do I fix this, or is there another way of doing it using vray.

Thanks
Joao Ferreira

Last edited by jonflipex : 04 April 2013 at 01:16 PM.

Old 04 April 2013   #2
I think it might have more to do with the file format and the way you composite it.

Old 04 April 2013   #3
I´ve already tried a few formats with alpha and I get always the same 1 pixel transparency. And I compose it in photoshop, should fit nicely. I think the problem is in the 3d max, and the way I use the vraymtlwrapper. i´ve tried a lot of solutions...grrr

Old 04 April 2013   #4
I don't think this has anything to do with the vray wrapper. It's the way Photoshop handles premultiplied alphas.

Old 04 April 2013   #5
i´ve tried exporting in diferent files with diferent bits and alpha settings , and compositing in after effects, photoshop... I get always the same result. i´ve also tried the antialising settings in vray... nothing. Any help ? One solution to turn it around is to render alpha passes in 3d max and then mask it in photoshop. but I have to make like 4000 separate renders plus the alpha pass. its not doable.

Old 04 April 2013   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread