Autodesk "what's new in 2014" page is up

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2013
Really believe those who want legacy should have to have those things as addons, then again pulling that stuff out without screwing things yup would be a mean feat.

MY HMC

03 March 2013
Originally Posted by mynewcat: You gotta wonder how much of their effort is spent supporting legacy machines and legacy operating systems.

I know a lot of people maybe still have 32 bit/XP machines as render nodes - they can't be that good though, and most anyone who is serious about 3D is gonna be 64 bit.

For 3rd parties developing plugins for 3dsmax developing a 32bit version was always a hassle, this is a good move. Bring on 128bit

03 March 2013
Since we got Box #3, I hope all the anger that was caused by being Box#3 in Suite only would be gone by now.

03 March 2013
Haha Changsoo you had to bring that up! I will say I am happy about it.

03 March 2013
Quote: Really believe those who want legacy should have to have those things as addons, then again pulling that stuff out without screwing things yup would be a mean feat.

Or just stick with that version of Max... or keep that version of Max on file somewhere (with all the plugins and scripts you used) if you need to dig it up years later for whatever reason.

03 March 2013
Changsoo - if it really is all there and not just for suites, AND if they NEVER again add enhancements that only impact one product that are only available to suites, then I'll be okay with that.

As far as the rest of the release, unless someone figures out how to do good fluids with mparticles, this release is a fairly large pile of meh for me. It's like they've admitted defeat on the innovative new features front....to BLENDER.

It also looks like maybe they REMOVED some features they were trying in Populate (avoidance) when it was being tested?

03 March 2013
Any info about Backburner 2014? Rumors has it that it is not developed anymore and with the problems me and my clients have had with the previous versions, that´s a little irritating .

03 March 2013
Originally Posted by phloog: unless someone figures out how to do good fluids with mparticles, this release is a fairly large pile of meh for me.

For what it's worth, with 3D Aliens "PWrapper" (companion to Glu3D) you used to be able to solve liquid surfaces using any particle system in Max.

It's hard to tell what 3D Aliens are developing but this could be a half decent solution for fluids in Max 2014.

03 March 2013
Originally Posted by Massemannen: Any info about Backburner 2014? Rumors has it that it is not developed anymore and with the problems me and my clients have had with the previous versions, that´s a little irritating .

Since Backburner is also used for Flame Fire Flint Smoke a.s.o i really can't believe that.

03 March 2013
Originally Posted by raymarcher: Caddies can be disabled in general settings, everybody is happy now, thread can be closed.

03 March 2013
Originally Posted by Massemannen: Any info about Backburner 2014? Rumors has it that it is not developed anymore and with the problems me and my clients have had with the previous versions, that´s a little irritating .

This is not the case as far as I know. I have been working with new BB builds regularly during some of my testing work. I would say it is just that, a rumor.
M&E Division Beta Administrator
Autodesk, Inc

03 March 2013

I think Shane commented last year that Backburner isn't in development as far as new features, but it is in development so far as it is compatible with the updated Autodesk products.

03 March 2013
Originally Posted by Gräck:
Here you go:

Now I can finaly finish the models I started 3 years ago .
Attached Images
File Type: png caddies.png (34.3 KB, 317 views)

03 March 2013
Originally Posted by raymarcher: Here you go:

Now I can finaly finish the models I started 3 years ago .

This is a dream come true! Thanks!

Now they can go on and kill Ribbon just like the same way.

Originally Posted by raymarcher: Now I can finaly finish the models I started 3 years ago.

Great deal! You should send Autodesk all the bills you didn't get for the work you had to pass

Last edited by Gräck : 03 March 2013 at 10:24 PM.

03 March 2013
You know what I'd love to see? Backburner with black background and green text.

Thread Closed share thread