Auto Cad Drawing Importing Problem

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #1
Auto Cad Drawing Importing Problem

Guys i work on 3ds max but i am not an expert of auto cad. recently i am working on an interior project. Everything was fine but when i got the cad plan from my client i imported the drawing into 3ds max but the problem is when i am trying to import max give me an error msg, i can still import the drawing but it's importing as "Editable Mesh" not as "Editable Spline". I tried save the file as "Auto CAD 2004" format but still facing the problem. Can you please help me solve the problem? I am using 3D Studio Max 9 and Auto Cad 2007.

Thank You

Old 03 March 2013   #2
I'm not an experienced with this stuff, but yo might try using the .dwg format. export to that from Autocad and see if that imports better to 3ds Max.

Old 03 March 2013   #3
Originally Posted by darthviper107: I'm not an experienced with this stuff, but yo might try using the .dwg format. export to that from Autocad and see if that imports better to 3ds Max.

Thanks for your reply bro. I've tried exporting from acad but still it remains the same. :(

Old 04 April 2013   #4
Your cad linework might have a 'thickness'. That will cause it to import as a mesh instead of splines.
Try going to properties and setting thickness to 0.

portfolio

Old 04 April 2013   #5
Check out the options in the Layers and Spline Rendering tabs on the dwg import dialog. They might help you out.

Old 04 April 2013   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread