|03 March 2013||#1|
Los Angeles, USA
Join Date: Jan 2003
Restore Classic Undo/Redo Buttons Without Loading 2009 UI?
Is there any way to restore the classic undo/redo buttons (with r-click functionality) without the need to load the 2009 UI preset? I have Max 2013 already set up with a fairly complex custom UI so I donít want to have to recreate that after loading the 2009 style preset just to get my undo/redo buttons back. The ones in the Customize menu donít support the multiple undo/redo via right-click.
And while Iím on the subject...is there any way to simply get rid of the irritating Quick Access Toolbar? I find it telling that whoever designed it put a save button next to the undo. Shows they never worked in production
|03 March 2013||#2|
Frog of the posts
Join Date: Sep 2002
Actually there is - it's a bit tricky but should work ( it least it does for me )
Of course you should backup your current ui settings just in case something goes wrong (and it will - you have been warned !! )
* in UI config dialog/toolbar section, create a new toolbar ( just for the two undo buttons )
Name it "Undo Toolbar" or similar ( to easily identify it in the XML ui config files )
* While holding "Ctrl" (for button copying) Drag and drop 2 buttons from you maintoolbar onto your new toolbar, i recommend "Select and link" and "Unlink Selection". be sure that you haven'T locked your UI Layout, or this will not work
* Still in the "UI Config->Toolbar Tab" Save the config to a new file ( call it like "UndoToolbar.cuix" )
* Open the file in your favorite Texteditor ( with XML syntax highlighting maybe ) and search for your "undo Toolbar"
You will find it looking for the following XML nodes. Of course if you used another name, change the name in the example
Quote: <Window name="Undo Toolbar"
* once you found your toolbar node, look for your two button's nodes, between the Items clause ( here in red )
* Replace the two lines above with the following
* look that everythings is fine XML wise
* Now save the file, and back in Max try to load your newly crafted CUIX file
if You are lucky you will have your "Undo Toolbar" now equiped with the old legacy undo buttons
If not you might have no toolbars at all, or still an empty "Undo Toolbar" or worse
check again the XML syntax of your file. If you don't succeed, you alwayscan load back your previously backuped CUIX config
* If you did succeed, simply dock the undo toolbar to the top and trty to place it in front of your main toolbar ( might be a bit tricky but i succeeded ). Of course you could all the steps above directly with your existing "Main Toolbar", but i prefer not to mess arround with existing UI files.
Result: legacy undo buttons without destroying existing toolbars (in theory ;-) ...
PowerPreview: High Quality Nitrous Previews for 3ds Max 2012|2013|2014
[ Free Download (ScriptSpot) ]
Home of The Frogs | Online Portfolio
Last edited by spacefrog : 03 March 2013 at 02:24 PM.
|09 September 2013||#5|
Join Date: Sep 2003
Thread automatically closed
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
|Thread Closed share thread|