tree animation

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #1
tree animation

Hello! I'm working on an animation for my portfolio and I bumped intro a problem from the start of the project and I can't find a suitable solution for it. I'm trying to animate the branches of the big tree in the pictures to blow in the wind (now it is missing the short branches twigs and leafs). There are scripts or plugins on the internet, but they only animate self made trees. pxTreeMotion is the best model that i found: a rig to animate a hierarchy of branches.The only broblem is that it only works with 3DSMax 5.1 to 3DSMax 9.0. I'm prepared to do them one by one, but I need the basic rig for that, 2 or 3 bones that flow together and use an overal noise or turbulence, so the other instances could move in acordance.
It has considerable importance as I can't finish the project.

Old 02 February 2013   #2
you can animate branches with particles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czYHOKOuSUU

Old 02 February 2013   #3
Thanks alot! It looks goog, i'll give it a try.
And about the water ,i used this base material with few modifications: http://www.vray-materials.de/all_materials.php?mat=1187
You need to adjust it to suit your own needs, but you should have in mind some specific parameters: most importantly enable chaustics in render settings and tweek fog colour in material editor ( this will give you some cool effects), then usual parameters like 100% reflection and refraction with 1,33 IOR and fresnel enabled. Now you need to play a little with the fog colour to achive the best look for your scene.
If you can't manage, i'll find a way to export my own verison of it.

Old 02 February 2013   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread