Peel Seams Not Showing

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2013
Peel Seams Not Showing

I'm using Unwrap UVW to unwrap the uvs of the face of my character. I am using Point to Point Seam to make a cut in the geometry, but I don't see the blue Peel seams that usually appear. Under Display, I have Peel Seams on and it's set to Thick. I don't know why its still not showing. Anybody run across this issue? Please help

02 February 2013
Uv mapping on 3d Max it was always a problem for me, maybe because i use more zbrush but not even on zbrush i create the uv maps.... i cant help you solve but i can tell you that 3D coat it´s better and easier for uv mapping

02 February 2013
I make character unwrap now & also don't see peel seams always, so maybe this is programm bug

02 February 2013
Have you by any chance scaled your object? 3ds Max tends to scale the size of the visible seams depending on the object's scaling, so it could be you've scaled your object down too much for the seams to show.

02 February 2013
I scaled it up, scaled it down, still now showing

02 February 2013
Would you mind uploading the scene file? We can only guess so much with text descriptions. =P

02 February 2013
The line width is often quite randomly sized, even on objects that have 100% scaling (reset xform to reset it), but it's usually visibly blue, even if it's 1 pixel width.

It could be one of the hundreds of UVUnwrap bugs. Collapsing and reapplying the modifier sorts out most of them, but you'll lose the seams you've made doing that. You might be able to save and reload the UVs.

02 February 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread