MILA - Shader Revolution by NVIDIA

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2013   #31
Hi Vlado,

that is not the way to go, i can do the same.

- AO Ambient Occlusion
- SSS
- Photons
- Partial Volumen
- Hair -> mrPrime
- Fast interpolation
- RayType Switcher
- Proxies + Assemblies
- BSDF Shading (to you know Matrix ?)
- we talk about mental ray and not mental ray in 3dsmax!
- and and and

believe me, is the new Layer Technic, faster and better quality as the old Shading technology, must you do the same.

mfg
hot chip

Last edited by thorsten hartmann : 01 January 2013 at 03:38 AM.

Old 01 January 2013   #32
Thumbs up

Previously I forgot to copy layering.mi file from the pack. I just installed it and it works now. And also installed "mila:SSS" shader, mi file made by "moulder6" (thanks for posting, I appreciate it)

I can't post result now. But hopefully soon when my friend "Sriram" will post WIP thread, I will share renders I did with mila SSS and SSS2 shaders.

This is really promising and fast in rendering.

EDIT: I am totally blown away by this new Mila SSS shaders. The way it gives control over scatter is amazing, and we don't need to change color of textures anymore. This is plus!

Last edited by jigu : 01 January 2013 at 11:20 AM.

Old 01 January 2013   #33
Originally Posted by thorsten hartmann: ...I know that Chaos Group programming great features, but the important features and features for the future, comes most from mental images...

Ahahahahahahaaaa...

Really? Features for the future, said for the renderer which to this day uses photon mapping and final gathering?!

If MI/nVidia does one thing, it's patent trolling and slowing down development of rendering technologies.

Why do you think that on http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/200..._params_dmc.htm there is an entire dedicated paragraph to explanation that Vray does NOT use low discrepancy number sequences?

Old 01 January 2013   #34
Originally Posted by thorsten hartmann: Hi Vlado,
that is not the way to go, i can do the same.

Doesn't that simply mean that some things are first thought of and developed by NVidia and some things are first thought of and developed by Chaos Group and other render developers?

(Kind of like 100% of the rest of the software development world!)

I think at this point you are much better of apologizing for your insulting comment then to dig the hole even deeper.

Old 01 January 2013   #35
Originally Posted by kees: Doesn't that simply mean that some things are first thought of and developed by NVidia and some things are first thought of and developed by Chaos Group and other render developers?

(Kind of like 100% of the rest of the software development world!)

I think at this point you are much better of apologizing for your insulting comment then to dig the hole even deeper.

Actually, I would say that 90% of features are thought of, implemented, and proved to work by researchers at universities/research institutes independently of all commercial renderer developers.

thorsten hartmann:
Photon mapping, SSS, BSDF shading, AO (and the probably the rest of your list too) was NOT invented by nvidia/mental, that is a ridiculous claim (see wikipedia for example). Please verify your facts before posting, thanks .

Last edited by KeyCZ : 01 January 2013 at 03:58 PM.

Old 01 January 2013   #36
I think is not important who had do this or that for first or for second.... I'm interesting to test this tecnology in the next time and I think the subject of discussion is this (not chaos groups or Nvidia devolep)....

Mat

VFX | CG Artist
available for freelance jobs
www.art2upz.com

RnD | Simulation Reel July 2014
3D Generalist Reel Winter 2012

Old 02 February 2013   #37
Here is the milky SSS test with new MILA:SSS shader and using mi file provided by moulder6. Thanks for sharing it much appreciated!

Samurai model is by my friend Sriram!

Last edited by jigu : 02 February 2013 at 06:02 PM.

Old 02 February 2013   #38
Hi KeyCZ,

No! Certainly comes the most technics from a university, that is normal and no anybody must that say it to me, in know it. But that was not the point and i am right. *smile*

mfg
hot hip

Old 02 February 2013   #39
Thanks Thorsten! Downloaded.

I am going to test this in my Max 2012 installation and see if it works.

EDIT: Does not appear to work in Max 2012, 32 or 64bit versions.

Last edited by lionhart : 02 February 2013 at 07:12 AM.

Old 02 February 2013   #40
Hi Guys,

here my first MILA Material Set ( BETA, donīt hade me later ) for 3dsmax.

MILA Materials: http://www.infinity-vision.de/blog/...ution-by-nvidia

- MILA Architectural
- MILA Skin
- MILA Carpaint

all Materials works in Material Editor / Rendering / Viewport, but without Renderelements at this time. I must learn how the new Framebuffer Methode work.

have fun!

mfg
hot chip

Old 02 February 2013   #41
Thank you Thorsten

Matteo

VFX | CG Artist
available for freelance jobs
www.art2upz.com

RnD | Simulation Reel July 2014
3D Generalist Reel Winter 2012

Old 02 February 2013   #42
Hi Guys,

it give a new Build of MILA by NVIDIA. http://forum.nvidia-arc.com/forum.php

Here my first Testrendering with MILA. I have wrote a MILA Architectural Material ( not a Texture !) . Now i can convert with Shader Utilities from MIA to MILA. The converter is at this time not perfect (not available for download). At last i have little white Pixel in the Rendering with MILA.

mfg
hot chip

Last edited by thorsten hartmann : 02 February 2013 at 05:53 PM.

Old 02 February 2013   #43
Thorsten, would you finally STOP posting the direct download links everywhere? If these were meant to be public, they would have been made such by NVIDIA.

Old 02 February 2013   #44
Hi Moulder6,

Sorry, i have remove the direct download link on NVIDIA. I understand your opinion (i hope). Th problem was, some Guys call to me they are registered by NVIDIA Forum, but canīt see th download link. I want only help.

mfg
hot chip

Old 02 February 2013   #45
That's fine, I guess.

The reason why the download isn't available to all the registered users, is simply because apparently they haven't had a single (approved) post on the ARC Forum, so their accounts aren't active in a way. One time approval is required to keep the forum clean of spammers and such...

Thread Closed share thread