CGTalk > Software > Autodesk 3ds max
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
New Member
César Cortiñas Pérez
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 27
Need help texturing a low-poly model

Hi everyone.

Well, I started modeling and texturing about a month ago, and I'm right now trying to apply some textures to a low-poly model (Note: I use 3DS Max 9). I didn't really finish the entire texture, just a small part of it, and I wanted to apply it to the model to see how would it look. But the texture appears awfully tiled over the entire model:

In the picture, you can see the UVW map (with some small wood textures in it), the material I'm using, and a part of the model. The white dots that cover the model, are extremely small tiles of the texture. Why is this happening? What am I doing wrong?

If my problem isn't well explained, please tell me, I'll try to explain it better. Also tell me if you need more information about the model, or whatever.

Thanks in advance for your attention, and sorry if this is a bit nooby question.

Kind regards
Old 01-24-2013, 07:06 PM   #2
ebee's Avatar
Teemu Gabriel Valkama
TD / 3D Artist
Brink Helsinki Oy
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 146
I've never encountered anything like this. Do you have anything on top of the Unwrap UVW -modifier on the modifier list? Does this error happen only in the viewport, or also when rendering?
TD / 3D Artist at Brink Helsinki
Old 01-25-2013, 10:39 AM   #3
New Member
César Cortiñas Pérez
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 27
Thank you very much for your answer.
Well, there are just the Editable Poly and the UVW Unwrap modifier, there's nothing else on top of it. And the error happens both in viewports and when rendering.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #4
J. Schreyer
ARRI Berlin
Berlin, Germany
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,983
Post a screenshot of your modifier stack.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #5
New Member
César Cortiñas Pérez
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 27
Thank you for your answer.
Luckily, I managed to solve my problem by myself. Instead of waiting for answers, I decided to play around a bit with the modifier stack, and I solved the problem by adding a "UVW Map" modifier between the "Unwrap UVW" and the "Editabe Poly".

I don't exactly know why that fixed the problem, though. Anyway, thank you all for your time and attention.

Kind regards
Old 01-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,066,478
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Society of Digital Artists

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.