3dsMax has problem with Wacom pen and touch in windows 8!!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2013
I don't have that option! Was certain I had the newest driver. Will check again. If this solves it, you are my hero!

EDIT: yaaay, updated the driver to get this option, and then ticked it off! I can now rightclick in max! I could sometimes as well before, but it was a rare case.

Last edited by Wermuth : 09 September 2013 at 03:21 PM.

09 September 2013
I will try that one later and will see how it works for me as well! thanks

one more things is when you wanna work in Max you don't need to have pressure settings, so you can change the tablet setting from Pen to Mouse, then I guess it will fix the right click issue as well

12 December 2013
Guys, sorry to take the thread out of the grave BUT I'm trying to use 3ds max 2014 on my surface pro and that issue with the right click menu is still here.

Windows 8.1, latest wacom driver for tablet pcs.

I right click and then cursor is gone, I cant use any of the option in the right click menu.

The solution posted here will not work since there's no Windows Ink option in the surface pro do be disabled.

Anyone knows a workaround for this mess?

12 December 2013
I found a way which am not sure does it works or not but you can try it for this issue.
but wait please until Monday cos I need to copy the file from my computer at office.
that's a software you need to run it first. later remind me about that please.
Thanks.

12 December 2013
Originally Posted by soroosh: I found a way which am not sure does it works or not but you can try it for this issue.
but wait please until Monday cos I need to copy the file from my computer at office.
that's a software you need to run it first. later remind me about that please.
Thanks.

Awesome man! Cant wait for it!

12 December 2013
Wink

Soroosh dont forget about me!

01 January 2014
Hey,

sorry for delay, I was so busy these few days and actually I forgot to copy the file from office.
here is the file:
http://www.soroosh.ws/other/_TAB.zip

What you need to do is just unzip the file and run the TAB.exe
you will see the Icon in windows toolbar, then right click on that and check the Disable Services.

note: every time after you restart your 3ds Max you need to enable it and then disable it again.
and also run it after you run your 3ds max is better I guess.

Hope it works for you and fix your issue.

01 January 2014
Originally Posted by soroosh: Hey,

sorry for delay, I was so busy these few days and actually I forgot to copy the file from office.
here is the file:
http://www.soroosh.ws/other/_TAB.zip

What you need to do is just unzip the file and run the TAB.exe
you will see the Icon in windows toolbar, then right click on that and check the Disable Services.

note: every time after you restart your 3ds Max you need to enable it and then disable it again.
and also run it after you run your 3ds max is better I guess.

Hope it works for you and fix your issue.

Thanks a lot man! I'll test it out ASAP.

But why do I have to keep disabling it after I'm done with 3ds max? What happens if I just leave it active?

01 January 2014
No, just I mean if something happend on your 3ds Max and if it got crashed or just you wanted to open it again, then you need to disable the services again also.
of course when you are not using max you don't need it at all and if you want you can close it also.

01 January 2014
Originally Posted by soroosh: No, just I mean if something happend on your 3ds Max and if it got crashed or just you wanted to open it again, then you need to disable the services again also.
of course when you are not using max you don't need it at all and if you want you can close it also.

Hey soorosh! I tried your little app but it didnt work. Opened it, disabled services than open 3ds max. Did the opposite as well, opening 3ds max first. Still no way to click the menus.

Any other ideas?

01 January 2014
ok.

I tried this way now and it works for me, am using Win 8.1 and Max 2014 + Latest Wacom driver
just you need to go to your wacom preferences and then change your tablet mode from pen to Mouse. try it please.

01 January 2014
Originally Posted by soroosh: ok.

I tried this way now and it works for me, am using Win 8.1 and Max 2014 + Latest Wacom driver
just you need to go to your wacom preferences and then change your tablet mode from pen to Mouse. try it please.

OOh I thought you were talking about the surface pro, not a regular wacom tablet. I dont have that option with the surface, unfortunately.

01 January 2014
am not sure about Surface, take a look at this link maybe can help you also. It's on pc but am not sure how is different with Surface.

http://computerstepbystep.com/table...ut_service.html

01 January 2014
Originally Posted by soroosh: am not sure about Surface, take a look at this link maybe can help you also. It's on pc but am not sure how is different with Surface.

http://computerstepbystep.com/table...ut_service.html

Yeah I had seen this solution already. The problem is windows 8 has no tabletpc service. They've removed it. I guess so far no one has been able to find an alternative to disable its effects in windows 8.

01 January 2014
do you mean even it doesn't have setting to change it from Pen to Mouse mode?!

Thread Closed share thread