Lighting bug or camera issue?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2012   #1
Lighting bug or camera issue?

Hi.

I've been working on a scene from Final Fantasy VII and have got it pretty much finalized, but I only just realized that there is a small issue.

I've got a moving camera that starts off far away from the target and gets there in 125 frames.
If I render the first frame by itself [that is, not the entire segment], it looks just as it's supposed to: Link.

However, if I start rendering the entire segment and save it to file, the lighting looks completely wrong: Link.

The scene itself has 35 lights setup throughout the entire room. The model has one additional light in order to bring up the brightness [since it looks quite dark without it]. All lights are photometric emitted from a point. The light for the model is located in front and slightly above: Link. [note: the 'moving' camera is not shown in that shot]

Does anyone have any ideas what's causing it and/or what I can do to fix this up?

Thank-you. =)

Old 12 December 2012   #2
Does anyone have any ideas at all? I'm at my wits end here. =/
The only thing I can think of is that at certain positions, the camera picks up more light than at other positions. However, shouldn't the transition at least be smooth, rather than abrupt?

Old 12 December 2012   #3
My guess here is that somehow your gamma settings are higher than you want them. Perhaps you have gamma correction enabled and it only shows up during a production render?

You may find some use out of this article here:

http://support.renderrocket.com/ent...tion-in-3ds-max

Old 12 December 2012   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread