Export with modifiers?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2012   #1
Export with modifiers?

Hello!

Iím new to modeling (actually, I donít get half of things). My problem is the following:
Iím trying to make a Mod to the popular game Deus Ex, and for that Iím importing models to improve gameplay. Actually finding meshes that would fit is a problem, because the game engine do not support to much faces per mesh (Thatís the conclusion I got so far).
Iíve got this nice sofa model. And itís full of faces. Even in places where a single face could be used, it has hundreds. Using the Optimize Modifier on the Group (The sofa has 7 objects), Increasing Face Threshold, Bias and enabling Auto Edge I get rid of all unnecessary faces. But when I export this model as an .OBJ and import it with Milkshape, the object seems to be intact, with all the faces Optimizer reduced.

The question is how could I get to export the model including the modifier as part of it?

Thanks in advance!

Old 11 November 2012   #2
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread