how to create this camera?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2012   #1
Question how to create this camera in 3ds max?

how can i create this kind of camera in 3ds max?
or can I modify the standard target camera to it?
sorry about my english and thanks for any help!

Last edited by ihack : 11 November 2012 at 06:12 AM.

Old 11 November 2012   #2
You can put a skew modifier on the camera. Set the direction to 90 degrees, the axis to Z and change the amount.

Old 11 November 2012   #3
Question thanks Laserschwert but one more question

Originally Posted by Laserschwert: You can put a skew modifier on the camera. Set the direction to 90 degrees, the axis to Z and change the amount.

it worked...even though not exactly the same as what i thought...the skew modifier changed the cone but also the camera target,but i don't want it to affect the target,and I want to adjust the camera parameters very accurately,so several camera cones could be aligned together...thanks a lot anyway!If you or anyone else get any other ideas,feel free to post,please...I'll be very appreicated...

Last edited by ihack : 11 November 2012 at 06:13 AM.

Old 11 November 2012   #4
Originally Posted by ihack: it worked...even though not exactly the same as what i thought...the skew modifier changed the cone but also the camera target,but i don't want it to affect the target,and I want to adjust the camera parameters very accurately,so several camera cones could be aligned together...thanks a lot anyway!If you or anyone else get any other ideas,feel free to post,please...I'll be very appreicated...

If you are using VRay then you can use the Vertical Offset, but be warned unless you have one of the latest Nightly builds there is a bug between viewport and render FOVs.

Old 11 November 2012   #5
Out of interest - would you use this setup if you extended a photograph and you wanted to match it's perspective?

Old 11 November 2012   #6
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DaveWortley: If you are using VRay then you can use the Vertical Offset, but be warned unless you have one of the latest Nightly builds there is a bug between viewport and render FOVs.

thanks DaveWortley,I'll check it out later...

Old 11 November 2012   #7
Smile

Originally Posted by MisterS: Out of interest - would you use this setup if you extended a photograph and you wanted to match it's perspective?

nope...I'm trying to simulate the humans' eyes,just like a man stands in a room,and staring at the wall,the wall would be the screen...I want to keep the camera target horizontal,maybe I don't need to,I'm not sure yet...

Old 11 November 2012   #8
I do not understand very well the effect you want to achieve, but you can try the 'Camera Correction Modifier' that you will not find into the modifier list but into the Modifier/camera menus
it provides camera correction like tilt/shift lens according to you focal length, but can be changed at convenience
good luck

Old 12 December 2012   #9
Smile

Originally Posted by FLUCA: I do not understand very well the effect you want to achieve, but you can try the 'Camera Correction Modifier' that you will not find into the modifier list but into the Modifier/camera menus
it provides camera correction like tilt/shift lens according to you focal length, but can be changed at convenience
good luck

Thank you FLUCA!I'll try it!I was trying to set a 4d camera,capture 4 views of one object,and then cast them on 4 screens,maybe I should use cinema 4d to achieve it.

Last edited by ihack : 12 December 2012 at 03:01 AM.

Old 12 December 2012   #10
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread