Strangenesses 3dsmax 2013

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2012
Strangenesses 3dsmax 2013

Hi
I am having some strange trouble with edit poly on max 2013. I'm new to it. First of all I can't directly transform a standard primitive in edit poly but I have to transform it first in edit mesh then edit poly!!! Then when I select faces the red selection highliting of the faces looks like if there are 2 planes/faces overlayed (like in attachment) but actually there is 1 single face. I tried changing graphics in (Opengl but max just didn't work). Does it happen to you too?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clipboard01.jpg (92.3 KB, 45 views)

11 November 2012
Don't use OpenGL, it hasn't been developed for performance, use either Nitrous or DirectX.

11 November 2012
This happened to me (the double face thing) but since the geometry is actually ok I don't bother with it anymore.

11 November 2012
Originally Posted by meminesis: Hi
First of all I can't directly transform a standard primitive in edit poly but I have to transform it first in edit mesh then edit poly!!!

You mean sub-object transforms? If that's the case, you probably have constraints turned on in Edit Geometry Rollout.

About the visual artifact, it does happen on all my here. Not likely on a fresh started Max, unless you've intentionally set the scene scales to inappropriate values. In orthographic user or not surprisingly highly zoomed-in camera or perspective views.
It's due to some precision issue I believe; faces rounded-off and clipped improperly.

Me too have always been curious why this can not ever be corrected 3DS Max, while there's no such thing in Autocad or any other similar software?

11 November 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread