CGTalk > Software Specific Forums > Autodesk 3ds max
To minimize the ads you see on this page create a CGTalk account and log in HERE
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 10-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #1
dataworld111
portfolio
chris
singapore, Singapore

Rendering with MR produces weird patches of shadows. Nid help!

Was working on a lighting project which rendered with no issues. However, i noticed there are numerous patches of shadows(?) on the "walls" that are rather unsightly. Is that normal or did i do something wrong? I'm aiming to achieve a clean and crisp render so if possible can anyone here point me in the right direction in regards to remove those dark patches?

Project was rendered using Mental Ray, raytraced shadows, 3d max 2009, lume glare shader and is based on the tutorial by chandan kumar which can be found here - http://cg.tutsplus.com/tutorials/au...?search_index=1.

ps. I only changed the render resolution to 1600x900, samples/pixel - min at 4, max at 16 and diffuse bounces to 2. The rest of the settings are at the default value. Im a complete noob so try to go easy on me in regards on my mistakes yeah ? thanks lots!

Old 10-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #2
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread