Voxels with Particle Flow

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2012
Quote: hotknife, I exposed the select object so that it could be used with the 2013 Subscription Data Ops. It would be helpful to know if it worked for you.

Yes thanks it did work, although I can't edit or see the op as I'm not on suite subscription. Or is there somewhere to install the op so i can edit/see it.

3ak - cheers that's exactly what I mean, haven't even looked at the mapping Op.
This has all been a big help thanks fellas.

10 October 2012
Thanks for checking

You can edit it if you have Orbaz Box#3 v1.5 on any version of max, just load the .pfp file in s regular Data Operator (not the Data Preset operator) . The op is the same as I posted in the screen grab a couple posts ago, simple 4 sub-ops totally straight-forward.

This was the exactly the type of thing we were trying to get across to the marketing team to include in the subscription instead of the locked off version. Simple easy to build/use problem solving data ops. Complain about it, to Autodesk, your reseller, ect, the more people that do will get things changed.

10 October 2012
Ooooh I've already moaned to my supplier

Think this does highlight the mess that a two tier subscription package will offer !!

Cheers for the help.
Edit : further to this for your info.

If I copy the preset to \ParticleFlowDataPresets on my hard drive I can 'use it' to a degree.
It lets me choose an object and whether it's active or not and animatable etc..
So a handy little Op - cheers. But this should be for EVERYBODY autodesk !!

Last edited by hotknife : 10 October 2012 at 09:37 AM.

10 October 2012
Cant we just make a single .pfp for every operator inside of box3, so we can connect them outside of box3?

10 October 2012
Originally Posted by hotknife: If I copy the preset to \ParticleFlowDataPresets on my hard drive I can 'use it' to a degree.
It lets me choose an object and whether it's active or not and animatable etc..
So a handy little Op - cheers. But this should be for EVERYBODY autodesk !!

When Oleg originally wrote Box#3 it was basically a tool for TD's to build operators for artists. You could essentially hide all the insides and expose all of the controls for the artist.

BUT since people have gotten particle smarter and there are quite a few limitations to standard pflow, users have discovered how to actually make simple yet very effective operators. THIS is what seems to be lost upon the powers that be that are deciding whom gets what. Anyway...

So yes, after you copy it to the presets folder, if the builder exposed everything you need, it should work as a normal operator would.

Originally Posted by jonadb: Cant we just make a single .pfp for every operator inside of box3, so we can connect them outside of box3?

Nah, I don't think so, it mostly consists of input data channels, functions, conditions, output data channels.

Last edited by JohnnyRandom : 10 October 2012 at 05:14 PM.

10 October 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread