How to achieve these viewport renderings?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2012   #1
How to achieve these viewport renderings?

Greetings, i was wondering how to display the model's colurs in viewports like these:

Old 09 September 2012   #2
You should mention which version of Max you want the information for. In version 2013 enable the 'visible in viewport' button in the material editor for each material, either slate or compact versions. Go to the viewport controls (top left of the active viewport) and choose the third category from the left. Right click on the heading and to be sure activate realistic and scroll down and find materials, mouse over and choose realistic show materials and maps.

This will slow your scene down probably as map display is heavier than polycount depending on the size of your textures. To speed up the scene choose material without map display option.

Cheerio

Old 09 September 2012   #3
Originally Posted by Kanga: You should mention which version of Max you want the information for. In version 2013 enable the 'visible in viewport' button in the material editor for each material, either slate or compact versions. Go to the viewport controls (top left of the active viewport) and choose the third category from the left. Right click on the heading and to be sure activate realistic and scroll down and find materials, mouse over and choose realistic show materials and maps.

This will slow your scene down probably as map display is heavier than polycount depending on the size of your textures. To speed up the scene choose material without map display option.

Cheerio

Greeting KANGA, my 3dsmax's version is 2013 indeed, but either way i can't reach the settings you mentioned.

Thank you

Old 09 September 2012   #4
My explanation was not good enough so here are the 2 parts you need to activate to see your textures.

For the button that has to be active to show your materials in the viewport:
http://docs.autodesk.com/3DSMAX/15/...Number=d30e3986

For the viewport settings to display the maps with the Shading Viewport Label Menu

Cheerio

Old 09 September 2012   #5
Originally Posted by Kanga: My explanation was not good enough so here are the 2 parts you need to activate to see your textures.

For the button that has to be active to show your materials in the viewport:

For the viewport settings to display the maps with the Shading Viewport Label Menu

Cheerio

Well that's great, only the Realistic option was hidden... thank you

Old 09 September 2012   #6
Given those screengrabs are from 3ds max 2010 my guess is they are using a dedicated realtime material to get that quality. It is probably something like the 3point material or other plugin. Also, for that you will probably need to use Direct3D instead of Nitrous. I know the 3point guys were working with Autodesk to try and improve the Nitrous display/performance, but not sure where it ended up.

-Eric

Old 09 September 2012   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread