Cartoony Rigging Demo :)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09 September 2012   #1
Cartoony Rigging Demo :)

Hello fellas,
I´d like to share my latest cartoony rig demo:

Hope you all like it and please C&C are highly appreciated.
__________________
Website
Twitter
Facebook
Google+

Last edited by Polimeno : 09 September 2012 at 07:43 PM.
 
Old 09 September 2012   #2
Hey Renato, how things going?

I've seen this TV spots quite a few times already and it's great! The message is clear - what seems innocent and funny at first sight may turn up into something not so nice.

I've also seen a second spot showing a guy speeding and then crashing/burning his car - you rigged that too?

Didn't see the rigging work yet, but was it done entirely in 3dsMax? Great job from you guys at Beeld, as always!

Cheers!
 
Old 09 September 2012   #3
Originally Posted by davius:
I've also seen a second spot showing a guy speeding and then crashing/burning his car - you rigged that too?

Didn't see the rigging work yet, but was it done entirely in 3dsMax?


Hey David, I really appreciate your comment

I´ve done only the first one, Beeld is 100% 3dsmax–based company.

.ps
feel free to add me on facebook or twitter ! keep in touch, cheers
__________________
Website
Twitter
Facebook
Google+
 
Old 09 September 2012   #4
The rig looks fantastic and appears to work very well.

The demo is way to slow how ever and needs something to make it stand out. Showing work like this is a real pain, you don't want to miss anything but really no one wants to sit through it all either. I didn't get all the way through it an just jumped ahead constantly to see what was coming next. People that you really are interested in showing this to usually know what it is they are looking at and don't need to see it in real time and every little bit of it. Speed it up two to three times, cut more then 50% of it out and add on screen tags and information that tell me some high lights.

Creating interesting rigging reels can be a real pain, I have been lucky and I have never had to do it.

Here are some clips of what I was putting together and just never got around to completing.

http://www.penproductions.ca/temp/demoReel/bigSis.mp4
http://www.penproductions.ca/temp/demoReel/ryan.mp4

Not that what I have is what you want or not that it is fantastic, but it gets the point across and doesn't make you want to fast forward it.

Great work, excellent rig!
__________________
Paul Neale
http://paulneale.com
 
Old 09 September 2012   #5
Just saw the rig. Great stuff! That's soooo a punch in the face of people who says Max isn't suited for animations anymore. Sure we could use some upgrading of its tools, but nice to see such things flourishing within Max system.

Your rigging reminds me of Alan Camilo stuff. He's also a great Max rigger!
 
Old 09 September 2012   #6
Really great cartoony rig!! I personally like your reel. I don't think it's too long or boring. Most stuff you are showing is interesting and shows the power of the rig.
__________________
My Demoreel 2011:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfq-4VoeAPU
 
Old 09 September 2012   #7
Thumbs up

amazing work!!! how long did you take to rig this character? and how did you rig it? I mean it was rigged by automation script or you just rigged it manually?
 
Old 09 September 2012   #8
Originally Posted by PEN: The rig looks fantastic and appears to work very well.

The demo is way to slow how ever and needs something to make it stand out. Showing work like this is a real pain, you don't want to miss anything but really no one wants to sit through it all either. I didn't get all the way through it an just jumped ahead constantly to see what was coming next. People that you really are interested in showing this to usually know what it is they are looking at and don't need to see it in real time and every little bit of it. Speed it up two to three times, cut more then 50% of it out and add on screen tags and information that tell me some high lights.

Creating interesting rigging reels can be a real pain, I have been lucky and I have never had to do it.

Not that what I have is what you want or not that it is fantastic, but it gets the point across and doesn't make you want to fast forward it.

Great work, excellent rig!


@Paul
I spent around 05 painfull days on it and I must confess it was really time consuming to get this video "done".. Unfortunately I´m not an expert on creating exciting tech demos and I am still struggling to come up with something good everytime I want to show people my skills.. Next time I´ll try to build a better peace for my finished autoRig used on that work.

PS
It is really good to receive feedback like yours, thank you very very much for that!!

Originally Posted by Gräck: Really great cartoony rig!! I personally like your reel. I don't think it's too long or boring. Most stuff you are showing is interesting and shows the power of the rig.

@Gregor
Glad you liked it! Thanks!!
OFF: loved your 'asian boy' facial rig, cool stuff!

Originally Posted by same: amazing work!!! how long did you take to rig this character? and how did you rig it? I mean it was rigged by automation script or you just rigged it manually?

@Young
Thanks! It took me around 04 days initialy, then +02 including tweaks animators needed.
I´ve been developing an automation script and I hope to release it soon

This rig was developed for "Cellphone and Drive" animated campaign which warns us about using a cell phone while driving:


by Beeld Studio

A few pics:









Cheers!
__________________
Website
Twitter
Facebook
Google+

Last edited by Polimeno : 09 September 2012 at 10:38 PM.
 
Old 09 September 2012   #9
Love it!
The way you rigged the hands in particular, but also the great detail overall.
Must have been a pleasure animating with it!
 
Old 12 December 2012   #10
So, the rig is really cool. But you knew that. I'm just wondering what kinda shaders or rendering engines were used in that final piece. It's great looking!
 
Old 12 December 2012   #11
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
__________________
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
 
Thread Closed share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.