Need help with camera map per pixel and Vray

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2012   #1
Need help with camera map per pixel and Vray

Hello!
Im making a ground fracture and im using camera map per pixel to texture it.
Everything went well until I noticed that the material generated by the camera map per pixel is completly black... so I excluded it from all the lights and GI and made it's self illumination to be 100%..
now its working,but the material is less bright than my original video,which doesn't blend it good in the background.

I thought that it might be because im using Vray to render it and I was kind of correct...I tried it in a new empty scene with only a skylight, 0% self illumination and default render engine and it worked prefectly.

How can I solve my problem without splitting my scene into 2 pieces?

Thank you!

Old 04 April 2013   #2
I know this is an old topic, but I think I just solved this issue with a similar scene I'm trying so I figure it may help to post the solution.

Solutions I saw in other forums were all about using the self illumination feature, but this always resulted in a render that was much brighter than the original photo.

The solution is to use a VRayLightMtl (which is Vray's equivalent of self illumination) and then check Compensate Camera Exposure. Then just load a Camera Map Per Pixel material into the Color slot, and create that material just like you normally would.

The only other option I'm using is to uncheck "Receive GI" in the VRay properties dialog.

That should do it.

*Had you solved this problem on your own since you posted this? If so, was your solution different?

Old 04 April 2013   #3
Originally Posted by gallion311: I know this is an old topic, but I think I just solved this issue with a similar scene I'm trying so I figure it may help to post the solution.

Solutions I saw in other forums were all about using the self illumination feature, but this always resulted in a render that was much brighter than the original photo.

The solution is to use a VRayLightMtl (which is Vray's equivalent of self illumination) and then check Compensate Camera Exposure. Then just load a Camera Map Per Pixel material into the Color slot, and create that material just like you normally would.

The only other option I'm using is to uncheck "Receive GI" in the VRay properties dialog.

That should do it.

*Had you solved this problem on your own since you posted this? If so, was your solution different?

I did manage to solve this at last,using self illumination and changing some settings.
Thank you for your solution,will be handy next time !

Old 04 April 2013   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread