Quad Chamfer modifer

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2012   #31
Just to share with all you: Quad Chamfer plugin can now be downloaded for a free 7-day trial.
More info at:
http://www.mariussilaghi.com/qchamfermod.htm

Old 07 July 2012   #32
Just a quick question, since this is a modifier going over top of my base mesh, if my base mesh is textured already, will this modifier disrupt the texture, or will it behave like say, turbosmooth?

Thanks!

Old 10 October 2012   #33
BUG: Hi Marius, often I've this bug. For example, with UNDO (or in a different action, I don't remember exactly when), in mesh, the round corners disappear.

Last edited by cecofuli : 10 October 2012 at 03:37 PM.

Old 10 October 2012   #34
Originally Posted by cecofuli: BUG: Hi Marius, often I've this bug. For example, with UNDO (or in a different action, I don't remember exactly when), in mesh, the round corners disappear.

I received the same error from another user but I cannot reproduce it. Here is the workaround he found.
Before collapsing the quad chamfer modifier add an Edit Mesh modifier on top and then collapse it. Or if it is already collapsed try adding the edit mesh and collapse it again.

Old 10 October 2012   #35
Ok, But I don't want collapse the mesh. I would like have the Quad Modifier on the top. Ok, I will waiting for the fix

Old 10 October 2012   #36
Is the "Open Chamfer" option checked?

Old 10 October 2012   #37
No, I never used this option on my models, never.

Last edited by cecofuli : 10 October 2012 at 04:17 PM.

Old 10 October 2012   #38
What version of the Quad Chamfer modifier are you using? and max version?
And can you send me the max file with the bug.

Old 10 October 2012   #39
V1.13 - Max 2013
Now the model is not available, I recreate from scratch. But, when I'll have again the same problem, I will send you the file. =)

Old 11 November 2012   #40
Originally Posted by ZephyrStar: Just a quick question, since this is a modifier going over top of my base mesh, if my base mesh is textured already, will this modifier disrupt the texture, or will it behave like say, turbosmooth?

Thanks!
i was shocked just how good an UW mapped model looks with quad chamfer modifier. there is some streching. but very little. it depends how much you chamfer. but you can fix it with an extra UWV modifier on top.

this is the ultimate tool for subd modeling. i dont have the turbosmooth modifier. but i think this is better because you have support edge loops and you have a lower mesh.

Old 12 December 2012   #41
Thumbs up Thank You :) !

Just giving a big THANKS to obliviboy / Marius Silaghi for the update on the Quad Chamfer Modifier (1.16) ! Great work and I appreciate the continued work on the updates, outstanding!

Old 12 December 2012   #42
I just want to say I got this as a little Christmas gift to myself a week ago and its such a fantastic tool. No more fiddling with bump effects, turbosmooth or manual chamfering to round my corners. Just slap this on and done. Thanks for your hard work on this.

Old 12 December 2012   #43
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread