Ephere Cortex

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2012
that is really awesome!!!

btw I tried to acces the zookeeper section on www.ephere.com but it does not work...

keep posting some more cortex stuff!

02 February 2012
I can't wait to see where this goes, or what people make and share with it.

02 February 2012
NICE......

If you need a beta tester, PLEASE give me a chance!

02 February 2012
Originally Posted by Marsel Khadiyev: Plus, reusability is one of the key features.. writing something once and then reusing it and sharing it with others.

About this point... to only use (read-only) a plugin created with Cortex, is it necessary for Cortex to be installed, or does it compile the plugin into a dll?

02 February 2012
Like I've said before... I want to make love to it! It's awesome!
http://www.ycdivfx.com

02 February 2012
so with cortex i could create in realtime plugins for max?....or in other words could it create plugin files for using my "creation" on other workstations or on the renderfarm?
looks very very cool

02 February 2012
Quote: btw I tried to acces the zookeeper section on www.ephere.com but it does not work...

Can you please let me know which page that was? I tried all Zookeeper sections and they seem to work OK here.

Quote: About this point... to only use (read-only) a plugin created with Cortex, is it necessary for Cortex to be installed, or does it compile the plugin into a dll?

No, you will only need Coden adapter plugin installed and we will be making that available free under a "non-development" license.

Quote: so with cortex i could create in realtime plugins for max?....or in other words could it create plugin files for using my "creation" on other workstations or on the renderfarm?

Yes and yes Plugins can be either one-time off instances (you create an object and edit its algorithm in-place and its saved right inside your scene) and/or you can save it so it acts like a plugin, so next time you just create the same object from the create/modify panel (or wherever else in Max UI). You can also distribute that plugin file to other people and render nodes. Who knows, maybe even other applications or stand-alone in the future

Last edited by Marsel Khadiyev : 02 February 2012 at 11:24 PM.

02 February 2012
as written before: this looks great!

02 February 2012
This really is the just about the only thing I've seen for Max that's made me really want it in absolutely ages!

02 February 2012
^^^ agree!

I can't wait for more info. I gathered from those autodesk webcasts that Max was getting something like this as part of Excalibur though.

02 February 2012
Originally Posted by BradT: I gathered from those autodesk webcasts that Max was getting something like this as part of Excalibur though.
From what I saw in the XBR webinar we may see something similar to ICE or ZooKeeper (schematic views to manage/access data that exists in a 3ds Max scene) coming from Autodesk, but nothing related to developing new tools and plugins using node based workflows.

-Eric

02 February 2012
Originally Posted by MattRennie: This really is the just about the only thing I've seen for Max that's made me really want it in absolutely ages!

After 10 years of max and the last few lackluster versions, I have been getting the grass is greener with a different 3d package feeling. This changes my mind somewhat.

02 February 2012
This looks extremely cool. I would love to be able to test this too.

02 February 2012
I would love to help you test this one Marcel.

03 March 2012
More sneak previews please!

Thread Closed share thread