Vray Texture Baking Help

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

3 Weeks Ago
Vray Texture Baking Help

Hello. I'm try to find out a solution to a problem I seem to be having with Render to Texture.
I am new to Vray use, so please if my knowledge seems limited, this is why.

I have set up an HDRI for both the environment and reflection for my model. I'm trying to bake to a texture how it looks nice in the render. The reason is the final model needs to have a static texture that is prelit and with reflections already in for what I'm using it for. When I render, it looks as follows:
(ignore the bow, it was pretextured using Zbrush so reflection would be correct on the bell model)

That result isn't perfect, but it was good enough to go ahead and do a test bake, but when bake finished it views as follows (this was a 1024x1024 texture):

As you can see, this is not even close to the original lighting or even clarity. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I don't know if this is a common issue, but I don't feel it would be.
I can show captures of any settings specific if it will be useful to this post, but I am not sure since I'm new to using this.

I understand that reflections and such as in the bow reflection may move a bit on the bake since it was view dependent, but my real trouble isn't that, it's simply that this bake looks nothing like the lighting or clarity of the render. Is there any way to bring the two closer to being the same?

Any information will be helpful to me to try to repair this trouble. I tried to search for issues relating to this, but I could not locate any solid information, so I found this forum that seems knowledgeable. Thank you for reading and any help you can offer, and I'm sorry if my post seems a bit scattered.

reply share thread