Procedural mesh detail- new bag of tricks

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2004   #31
Hey peekoot, thanks a lot for the nice words. I have come to the conclusion that these tools WILL be included in PolyBoost, because they fit in pretty well with the rest of the toolset.
About your question, no it can't be used for that, since it really doesn't rebuild the meshes from scratch, it only does things to the existing mesh.

cheers,
CML

Old 12 December 2004   #32
Hey, the topology tools are basically ready now (phew). Check out the current interface:

This window will come up through a button in the PolyBoost main interface(or through a shortcut)
CML

Old 12 December 2004   #33
Very cool - look forward to seeing it in action.

Cheers,

Steve

Old 12 December 2004   #34
Looks sweet! Question though, one of my buddies Chris Thomas had a question about this and I'm also interested if it would be possible. Heres what he said.

Quote:
Yeah, looks like a pretty cool system he has there. I wonder if he could do a similar system to simulate impact points for a particle fragmentation system? Something that would mimic the impact fracture paterns created in certain materials i.e. like plastic, or ceramic, or glass, wood etc? This system could be used to generate those fragments, then each could be detatched and assigned to a particle and off it woulg go...

Cool stuff indeed.

http://www.3dluvr.com/treed

Old 12 December 2004   #35
Hi Rivendale, these tools are absolutly needed for every artist i think.I cant imagine how many different things i can make with them.You do amazing work.

I have a question.Is it possible to make custom patterns, i mean patterns created in corel or illustrator and to put them in the pattern libraries as .ai or bitmaps?

Keep the good work

Regards

chrom

Last edited by chrom : 12 December 2004 at 07:35 PM.

Old 01 January 2006   #36
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread