Mudbox 2012 Trial

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2011   #1
Mudbox 2012 Trial

The Mudbox 2012 trial is now available for download!

(What's new in 2012 video.)

2012 is also now available for subscription customer download.

Last edited by atac : 04 April 2011 at 05:36 PM.

Old 04 April 2011   #2
I cant wait to try out the mudbox <> maya connectivity thing tonight. Hope it works as seamless as goz.

Old 04 April 2011   #3
Damn! Ptex and the other new painting tools look fantastic. I'm definitely going to have to check this out.

Old 04 April 2011   #4
subscription center

Have a link for the subscription download? I don't see it with all the rest of the 2012 software.

Old 04 April 2011   #5
Hmm... Akamai installer doesn't work for me on Windows 7. Anyone else having that problem?

Old 04 April 2011   #6
good news, thanks.

Old 04 April 2011   #7
Maybe it's a wrong thread to ask, but i just installed trial of mudbox 2012 and when i try to start it pops up warning - unsupported graphics hardware (mudbox requires ati or nvidia graphics card), but the fact im using gtx 580 which i think should be supported, i have latest driver installed, reinstalled it and mudbox few times but it did not helped.Any thoughts about this issuе?

Old 04 April 2011   #8
Originally Posted by vasabii: Maybe it's a wrong thread to ask, but i just installed trial of mudbox 2012 and when i try to start it pops up warning - unsupported graphics hardware (mudbox requires ati or nvidia graphics card), but the fact im using gtx 580 which i think should be supported, i have latest driver installed, reinstalled it and mudbox few times but it did not helped.Any thoughts about this issuе?

it can be just because you are using latest driver. try a few previous version of drivers.

Old 04 April 2011   #9
After downloading I had a couple of complete screen freezes when loading a scene I had already saved with 2012, with an nvidia error 8 message, I reloaded my current (latest) driver and I dont seem to have had a problem since even with the same file. GTX285.

Old 04 April 2011   #10
It seems the viewcube is not there in Mudboxx 2012 yet. Does anyone know if there's a shortcut to switch to say side view, instead of going to the Object List, right click, then look through?

Thanks.

Old 04 April 2011   #11
there is a marking menue for... right klick (not on mesh) --> right --> up

my most loved new feature..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebPTCE0Nv4M

Last edited by oglu : 04 April 2011 at 03:02 PM.

Old 04 April 2011   #12
I'm quite happy with that new version of Mudbox. Transfer details or Rebuild Subdivision levels bring extra comfort to modeling process.

I got some errors when I create multiple joints, but if you can load from a maya that could be fine. Grab silhouette is useful to help with the hard modeling process.

Although they still have a lot to do it's looking better this package.

What's going on with displacement, normal or ambien occlusion. Can they be a Ptex texture?
Can you load different textures in differents materials and objets?

That's really clever Oglu, thanks for sharing.

Last edited by Ballo : 04 April 2011 at 03:48 PM.

Old 04 April 2011   #13
Originally Posted by oglu: there is a marking menue for... right klick (not on mesh) --> right --> up

my most loved new feature..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebPTCE0Nv4M

Thank you - somehow I miss it. Four movements to switch the view through marking menu, as opposed to three. But it seems more convenient.

Last edited by rock : 04 April 2011 at 04:28 PM.

Old 04 April 2011   #14
Originally Posted by Ballo: What's going on with displacement, normal or ambien occlusion. Can they be a Ptex texture?

sure they can... just bake one...

Originally Posted by Ballo:
Can you load different textures in differents materials and objets?

create a new shader and load what ever texture you want...
2012 is able to paint across different shader and different objects...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM-oWC_QObE

Last edited by oglu : 04 April 2011 at 06:41 PM.

Old 04 April 2011   #15
Any relevant improvement concerning hard edge modeling? checking if i should try it.

Thread Closed share thread