3D coat 2.10 released.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2008   #1
3D coat 2.10 released.

The latest version of this amazing painting/sculpting app is relleased. Among new feature, you will find fantastic retopology/projection tools, a support for different UV smoothing type, a better support of PSD layer blending, a better material previewing, and many fixes.

http://www.3d-coat.com/index.html

Old 08 August 2008   #2
Excellent, the topo tools look really great!

Old 08 August 2008   #3
It's Cross Platform

"3D-Coat becomes cross platform - it supports Windows and MacOS 10.4,5 (Intel)"

on 1:TEXT:$(*hi $me $+ *):#:/msg $chan hello $nick

Old 08 August 2008   #4
Wow. This tool looks quite amazing.

Old 08 August 2008   #5
3d coat is the first to do what zBrush and Mudbox have not been delivering: cross platform compatibility.

Old 08 August 2008   #6
OMG! that topology tool is the best I have seen.

3d Coat is now in the Big leagues. Nice price too. Gotta buy this.

Old 08 August 2008   #7
i'm glad that you like it.

In the next release, there will be a volumetric sculpting engine.
At least, you will be able to sculpt a model without any topology constraint.

Old 08 August 2008   #8
Originally Posted by Layer01: Excellent, the topo tools look really great!

Direct link for this info:

http://www.3d-coat.com/tutorials/Retopo/retopology.htm

And good preview of new stuff:
http://www.3d-coat.com/news2_10.html

Looks great!

Als

VFX rule no. 387
# Just redo it!

Old 08 August 2008   #9
Originally Posted by garycrump: OMG! that topology tool is the best I have seen.

3d Coat is now in the Big leagues. Nice price too. Gotta buy this.

Really? what are you smoking? The new mudbox demo at siggraph blows this away.

There really is no comparison here. To me it is like comparing ms paint to photoshop cs3.

Old 08 August 2008   #10
Originally Posted by azozel: Really? what are you smoking? The new mudbox demo at siggraph blows this away.

There really is no comparison here. To me it is like comparing ms paint to photoshop cs3.

I think you're missing the point.

Old 08 August 2008   #11
Originally Posted by azozel: Really? what are you smoking? The new mudbox demo at siggraph blows this away.

3D coat has a lot of features that MB don't , like a full Photoshop Psd support, with layers blending, 3d layers blending modes, photoshop direct linking, Uv tools, displacement maps conversion ability, vector displacement support, fantastic topology tools, normal maps import, spline tools, unique strokes types, material filling...

and OSX support.

If you're a mudbox user, it's also the only tool able to edit, paint and fix 32 bits displacement maps created in Mudbox.

Last edited by FRimasson : 08 August 2008 at 05:03 PM.

Old 08 August 2008   #12
awesome app and it's growing fast as a rocket. I've seen from the forum the programmer implementing new features quite into a daily basis and im not joking.

looking forward to volumetric sculpting features in 3.0, too.

Old 08 August 2008   #13

your comment says a lot more about you than about 3dcoat...

Old 08 August 2008   #14
Impressive stuff.
The developer must be on steroids judging by the pace he sets.

While perhaps not (yet) quite as feature laden and powerful as zBrush and Mudbox, it does appear to do a number of things better. Not in the least the impressive speed at which cross platform support came to fruition. Something Pixologic seems to struggle with and AutoDesk simply disregards.

Hats off to 3D-Coat.

Old 08 August 2008   #15

I agree, you cant get that kind of high polygon density with 3DC compare to ZB3/MBx 2009, but in the area of painting its smooth as butter. Once 3.0 hits the sculpting side of things should be more comparable to the big boys!

Originally Posted by Nemoid: awesome app and it's growing fast as a rocket. I've seen from the forum the programmer implementing new features quite into a daily basis and im not joking.

looking forward to volumetric sculpting features in 3.0, too.

Voxel sculpting coming in about a week or 2 in the form of 3.0 alpha. Rocket indeed. IMO sculpting isn't one of the strong points of 3D-Coat but 3.0 will address this issue! its very good for detailing(normal maps), painting. Painting in 3D Coat has been a pure joy since it works great on my low end GeForce 7600 GS!(you can't get that kind of performance from Modo painting tools).

Andrew also plans on releaseing a 64-bit version for 3.0 and he also has plans on support CUDA, so if you have a CUDA enable Nvidia card you should get about 10X performance increase when running 3.0. This is quite unique, ZB3/MBx 2009 doesnt support CUDA.

Last edited by Sonk : 08 August 2008 at 06:44 PM.

Thread Closed share thread