New MagicSquire 2.3 can convert any drawing Tools into Erasers in Photoshop, more

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

01 January 2018
New MagicSquire 2.3 can convert any drawing Tools into Erasers in Photoshop, more

MagicSquire, the popular brush manager for concept artists and texture designers is updated to v2.3! New features include:Magic Eraser - turn any Tool into an Eraser in one click, Advanced Group Export to .tpl/.abr with cross-conversion, new Color Picker for Groups, more!

WHAT'S NEW:
- Alt-click now works with tools! Use Pencil as Mixer Brush and vice versa!
- Magic Eraser: click on the new "Turn current Tool into Eraser" button to use any Brush or Tool Preset you select as an Eraser. Instantly switches to Eraser mode keeping brush shape and other parameters intact. Alt-click on Magic Eraser to switch it permanently
- With Advanced Export groups of Tool Presets can be exported, also converted to Brushes and back (depending on a target format). Easily convert between .tpl and .abr! Exports filtered results when using search
- Performance boost on Photoshop CS5/CS6!
- Improved list mode
- Fixed a bug with loading specific .ABR files on Photoshop CC2018+
- Fixed a bug when size of the brush wasn't properly saved on Photoshop CC2018+
- Fixed loading of Photoshop CC2018+ brushes when sometimes they weren't loaded as Tool Presets
- Fixed "consistency" error that some users faced on CC2018+
- Small bug fixes
- Speedups and optimizations
- Optimizations to UI and drag'n'drop on Photoshop CS6
- Added panel loading progress on Photoshop CS6

You can upgrade MagicSquire here

Read more about MagicSquire brush organizer for Adobe Photoshop

01 January 2018
I've been wishing Photoshop could do what Krita does with the eraser button, and now it's possible!

I was hoping this new update would fix the problem of the GIGANTIC folder size of all the brushes that's ever been tested in MagicSquire, even AFTER they've been deleted and should no longer be taking up all that space. But it doesn't look it's included in this update?

01 January 2018
Cool, I really appreciate your feedback, great that you liked it!

If you have problems with MagicSquire please contact anastasiy.com/supportand you'll be helped! I also take feature requests, if you're missing something in the panel please don't hesitate to ask!
Thank you!

01 January 2018
Do you have a timeline for fixing the problem with the brush folder in "My Documents" becoming HUGE after testing out many brushes, and those brushes are kept in the folder even after are deleted from MagicSquire? What about being able to set the location of the brush folder to a custom location instead of being locked to only My Documents?

I've been testing out the update, and the way the new eraser button works isn't ideal. After clicking on it and turning on the eraser, I should be able to simply click on it again to change back to brush mode. But instead, I have to actually click on a brush to return to brush mode, and if I happen to want to return to the same brush I was using before to brush mode, I'd have to scan the long list of brushes I have and locate it, which is not as quick/intuitive as going back to the eraser button (which is in a fixed position and very fast/easy to locate).
What would work better is this:

-Clicking on the eraser button will toggle it to eraser mode, and it stays that way until you click on the eraser button again to toggle it back to brush mode. This also means while the eraser mode is toggled, you can select other brushes and it'll remain in eraser mode. This is the most straightforward and intuitive, and shouldn't be an alternate mode (using Alt) like it it now.

-If you want to keep the current behavior of having it automatically return to brush mode when you select a different brush, maybe that can be an alternate mode that can be turned on?

01 January 2018
Great that you asked about it! The good news are:
1) You can ALT-click on the Magic Eraser to make it "stick" like you described
2) The recent brush you've chosen stays selected and focused in MagicSquire list so you can re-click it again!

More tutorials on that feature are coming very soon to Facebook,TwitterandBlog.

As about brush folder, we're working on it. We will have a solution very soon that will fix the issue with a too big data folder in MagicSquire. Thank you for bringing that up.

And I will really appreciate it if you can address all questions to our support system at anastasiy.com/support. That will guarantee they will be answered and addressed in a timely manner! It's really hard for me to follow all social networks. Thanks, hope that helps!

01 January 2018
I really like this update now Magic Squire works like a real replacement of Photoshop's panels for brush organizing.

reply share thread