MakeHuman 1.0.0 released!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 03 March 2014   #1
MakeHuman 1.0.0 released!

http://www.makehuman.org/

After many years of development, MakeHuman 1.0.0 is released.
You can find the downloads at http://www.makehuman.org/content/dow...human_100.html. In the next few days the MakeHuman team will publish more details about the new features, but here are the highlights:

PS: I am not connected to the team behind MakeHuman - I merely reposted this news here on CGTalk.

Last edited by hvanderwegen : 03 March 2014 at 05:56 AM.

Old 03 March 2014   #2
Very nice and generous effort, thx to all makehuman devs. It looks pretty decent for game/film crowds. Of course superb for hero quality stuff if you further sculpt ontop of it in Zbrush, mudbox. Hopefully the anatomic quality of the makehuman meshes will improve as well.

Old 03 March 2014   #3
Originally Posted by mustique: Very nice and generous effort, thx to all makehuman devs. It looks pretty decent for game/film crowds. Of course superb for hero quality stuff if you further sculpt ontop of it in Zbrush, mudbox. Hopefully the anatomic quality of the makehuman meshes will improve as well.

Thank you.
We are already working on a muscle friendly topology to add to our topology library. Hints and suggestions are welcome!

Old 03 March 2014   #4
Thumbs up

tkx to all makehuman devs !

Manuel, please remember to add 3DCoat to the lines

- Zbrush/Mudbox/3DCoat Sculpting
* Optimized for ZBrush, Mudbox and 3DCoat

ty !

Old 03 March 2014   #5
just amazing! great job guys

Old 03 March 2014   #6
awesome work to the people at make human, thanks for sharing this.

Old 03 March 2014   #7
Will definitely give it a spin tomorrow.
Congratulations to everyone involved. Has it really been a decade since I first used MH.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 03 March 2014   #8
Did a quick test and it puts out a very nice geometry good uvs with textures. Joints positions seemed off at the fingers and skin weights could be polished. But as a starting point this is very, very good. Thanks to all the folks that contributed to make this happen!

Old 03 March 2014   #9
Thanks very much for making this great resource available to us for free. I was able to get up and running with it quickly this morning in spite of a thumping hang over, so with a clearer head I should be able to learn it all quickly.

Thanks again and Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you all.

Old 03 March 2014   #10
I have been following this for years also and makehuman has always impressed me. I am a huge fan of anatomic drawing aids and I am off to download and play with this version. Congratulations on making something so useful for the art community and for keeping up production over many years.

Cheerio

In fact Herbert I would invite you to write an article about the development history of makehuman and I will pump it for you on Game-Artist.net. Drop me a PM.

Ok you got me, where is the perspective view? Maybe I didnt install properly as there are very few parameters and no musculature that I can see.

Last edited by Kanga : 03 March 2014 at 02:56 PM.

Old 03 March 2014   #11
Originally Posted by Kanga:
In fact Herbert I would invite you to write an article about the development history of makehuman and I will pump it for you on Game-Artist.net. Drop me a PM.

I like this idea. I can provide you many images from our archive.

Originally Posted by Kanga: Ok you got me, where is the perspective view?

Because MH is mainly aimed to modeling, the internal rendering is designed for quick rendering/sketch/prototyping so perspective was so rarely used that we removed it.

Originally Posted by Kanga: Maybe I didnt install properly as there are very few parameters and no musculature that I can see.

Few parameters? No it should include hundreds of them. Can you post a screenshot?
About the definition, The new mesh is more generic, so less muscle oriented, but we will provide a muscle friendly topology soon (probably in MH 1.0.1)

Originally Posted by Eon5: Manuel, please remember to add 3DCoat to the lines

Thank you. I'll do it on the official documentation. Unfortunately it's too late for the infographic.

Originally Posted by Buexe: Did a quick test and it puts out a very nice geometry good uvs with textures. Joints positions seemed off at the fingers and skin weights could be polished. But as a starting point this is very, very good.

We are working on a new rigging for next version. Feedback are very important, it would be great if you can provide some hints.

Old 03 March 2014   #12
Originally Posted by Kanga:

Ah, things got a bit confused because I forgot to remove the "we" in the original posting - I am in no way related to the MakeHuman team! My apologies for the confusion. I'll change the original message (if I still can).

It would be best to ask Bmanual in this thread for such a write-up.

Again, apologies for the mix up.

Last edited by hvanderwegen : 03 March 2014 at 05:58 AM.

Old 03 March 2014   #13
Originally Posted by hvanderwegen: Ah, things got a bit confused because I forgot to remove the "we" in the original posting - I am in no way related to the MakeHuman team! My apologies for the confusion. I'll change the original message (if I still can).

It would be best to ask Bmanual in this thread for such a write-up.

Again, apologies for the mix up.

Ah ok...I thought you was part of official CGsociety editorial staff

Old 03 March 2014   #14
Originally Posted by Bmanuel: We are working on a new rigging for next version. Feedback are very important, it would be great if you can provide some hints.

Here you go, I guess with a little bit of tweaking the joint positions and the weights, this could look much better. But again, it is a very good starting point.

Old 03 March 2014   #15
Originally Posted by Buexe: Here you go, I guess with a little bit of tweaking the joint positions and the weights, this could look much better. But again, it is a very good starting point.

Ah yes. Thank you. Have you exported the fbx or dae?
The rigging is still a weak point (for 1.0.0 we was focused on the best quality in topology and modelling), but we are already working on it. The next step will be the creation of an universal base rigging for body and face, that uses only standard features (only rotations, normalized weights, no special drivers, etc..) with a minimal number of bones.
Then we will build more complex skeleton architectures upon it.
Perhaps I should start a separate thread for it.

reply share thread