Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 12-03-2013, 04:33 AM   #16
JohnnyRandom
Configurator

portfolio
John Rand
still wandering the binary void
salt lake city, USA

I suppose if this is the only tool you need it is fine paying some value per month for the rest of your career.

All I have to say Rant, Rant, Rant. simply because I couldn't express anything hasn't all been voiced already by many users. They will get no more from me... and definitely no recommendations for upgrades at the companies I work for. Really is sad when you kick your userbase in the junk.

Last edited by JohnnyRandom : 12-03-2013 at 04:41 AM.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:03 AM   #17
rock
rock and scissors

Rock
USA

Do you guys prefer to pay the PhotoShop deal or an annual subscription of $7.95 to use WinZip on Windows RT.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #18
Hoja
Veteran

Quote:
Do you guys prefer to pay the PhotoShop deal or an annual subscription of $7.95 to use WinZip on Windows RT?

Sorry but all these comparisons which were brought up in forums with renting cars, or contracts for internet-access or also with annual contracts for non content creating Software... They all are plain wrong and unsuitable.

WinZip is no authoring tool which writes its data in proprietary format. Whatever you compress by using this tool can be losslessly opened by any other commercial or free compressor.
The situation is totally different with Adobe Software - this is content creation software. A person who never owned perpetual licenses of Adobe products before renting CC and at some point stops the subscription will inevitably lose a lot of data. Different from the situation with file compressors there's no other program which gives you full access to everything which is contained inside Photoshop files and Lightroom adjustments (the same is true with all former Creative Suite programs).
Adobe seems to expect that their customers don't really care reading your statement, it seems that this strategy works out pretty darn well.

Last edited by Hoja : 12-04-2013 at 10:23 AM.

Old 12-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #19
circusboy
Expert
Raonull Conover
Montreal, Canada

Also gives them license to get rid of R&D and just have a few 'janitors'
the keep the cloud at the status quo.

Old 12-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #20
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread