Substance Designer 4 Released

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2013   #1
Substance Designer 4 Released

Hi,

Allegorithmic has just released Substance Designer 4! Here's a rundown of some of the main features.

Substance Designer 4, with its new features, can definitely claim the title of "the first texturing tool dedicated to Next Gen”. In particular, its new material layering workflow and its PBR shader are in par with what is going on with AAA studios around the globe. And now the tool is here to accommodate this way of working and puts that in everyone’s hands.

Substance Designer 4 is the first texturing tool to introduce a native material layering workflow. Tired of messy layers ? Fit all you need in a few compact and handy nodes.
Let Substance connect all the channels at once for you and focus on what really matters: your art.

Substance Designer 4 allows you to create maps for Physical Based Rendering shaders.
You can visualize your materials directly in the 3D view with our embedded PBR shader, or import your own.

Also, I'm excited to say the Marmoset Toolbag 2.0 will have native Substance support. You can import your Substance files directly into Toolbag and have full access to any exposed Substance Parameters.

We are very excited about this release and have more to share on December 4th. If you have any questions, post them here or feel free to contact me directly.

wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com

Cheers,

Wes

Old 11 November 2013   #2
I'm digging it with a help of the old VTC tutorial .

Originally Posted by WesMcDermott: Also, I'm excited to say the Marmoset Toolbag 2.0 will have native Substance support. You can import your Substance files directly into Toolbag and have full access to any exposed Substance Parameters.

Yeah! Nice move.

magic happens here... sometimes
go nodeway

Old 11 November 2013   #3
Originally Posted by mantragora: I'm digging it with a help of the old VTC tutorial .
Yeah! Nice move.

Agree : ) The Toolbag support is awesome. I really like Toolbag.

Also, there will be updated tutorials coming.

Cheers,

Wes

Old 11 November 2013   #4
Any thoughts on support for Mari?

Old 11 November 2013   #5
Originally Posted by MasonDoran: Any thoughts on support for Mari?

I don't have any information of Mari support.

Cheers,

Wes

Old 11 November 2013   #6
the sale on Steam is an absolutely awesome crazy deal... people should be jumping on that!

Old 12 December 2013   #7
New Tutorial now live.

Substance Designer 4 - Creating Materials

This tutorial covers the creation and usage of base materials in Substance Designer 4 within the frame of next gen material layering workflows.

Old 12 December 2013   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread