Cubify Sculpt

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2013
Cubify Sculpt

http://cubify.com/sculpt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t110...player_embedded

Quote: Features
Design from scratch starting with a box, sphere or cylinder of virtual clay.
Import: STL, OBJ, PLY, CLY to edit
Export: STL, OBJ, PLY, CLY, ZPC
Cubify Sculpt saves as a 3D print-ready STL.
Use push and pull tools to sculpt your digital clay. Adjust the strength and size of the sculpting tool for exact cavities and extrusions.
Design with symmetry when modeling a face or figurine.
Deform and reform your model by squishing and pulling whole objects.
Emboss with patterns and textures. Choose from Cubify Sculpt's library or import your own displacement map.
Add color with the paintbrush feature. Get your full-color design Cloudprinted with Colorstone material.

08 August 2013
What a joke, who do they expect to buy this? No artist would use it and it's overpriced for the casual audience it seems to be targeted for.

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by darthviper107: What a joke, who do they expect to buy this? No artist would use it and it's overpriced for the casual audience it seems to be targeted for.

Looks like it's primarily aimed at children. The next iteration of play-doh, if you will.

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by darthviper107: What a joke, who do they expect to buy this? No artist would use it and it's overpriced for the casual audience it seems to be targeted for.

129 $ is not overpriced. A new pair of sneakers cost as much...
IMHO

i would never buy it though

08 August 2013
Looks more like a joke . Sorry but this is very outdated and primitive app to this day. Sculptris should be the answer if you are going for the free sculpting app. Blender sculpting is also far superior to this. Cant imagine of any use of that app. Even Zbrush in its early days was too much levels above than this gimick app .

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by veljko-lemonade: 129 $ is not overpriced. A new pair of sneakers cost as much...
IMHO

i would never buy it though

It is when sculptris is free.

08 August 2013
Another Softimage user also recommended these free online basic alternatives:

http://stephaneginier.com/sculptgl/
http://labs.sketchfab.com/sculptfab/

I took a quick look at sculptgl, and I think that also allows for import/export of stl and ply files (and obj). With Sculptris, you still need another program to convert to stl/ply (unless your printer also supports obj; I don't think Cubify does)

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by veljko-lemonade: 129 $ is not overpriced. A new pair of sneakers cost as much...

Nope. Only the expensive ones do.

It IS pretty expensive for a Joe-sumer app. Heck all it takes is a Google search by somebody who can't quite remember 'what' its called and they'll find the free alternatives.

Heck this is who their market is!

I've never heard of 3d Systems-so there is plenty of room for them to fail.

08 August 2013
They're one of the bigger 3D printing companies, they're trying to expand a bit because their printers are losing value due to all the low-cost alternatives that are coming up.

08 August 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread