BBC: Meet CG animator Paulo Machado, the man who has lived in hospital for 45 years

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08 August 2013   #46
Originally Posted by leigh: Which post? The one where I said cookepuss was being a tough guy? I stand by that.

I'm not saying you're wrong. But seriously, you don't see how juvenile "Big Internet Tough Guy" sounds.
Originally Posted by leigh: I think it's time you take your anger issues somewhere else.
Hmm, Malcolm's portfolio doesn't seem to work anymore. I surely hope he isn't banned because that seems highly inappropriate.

Originally Posted by malcolmvexxed: As for me, a regular kickstarter, those animatics and pencil tests are how I decide what to back, as opposed to whether or not the creator has overcome something to create them.
I doubt I would've backed him (for wholly separate reasons) but a low quality animatic wouldn't discount it to me. The concept sounds good so it'll be cool to see what comes of it. Seems like CG or some form of animated flic would be a very good avenue to get his/her idea across.

I've read your past posts before so I know that you really really don't like poor quality work being elevated higher than it deserves. I understand where you're coming from Malcolm, but sometimes its okay to loosen the iron grip on your standards. If for no other reason than to give the guy a break.
__________________
HMC: Model Collection
WIP: Harris Nut House
WIP: WarCraft Troll
wyattharris.com Dig it!
 
Old 08 August 2013   #47
Originally Posted by WyattHarris: I'm not saying you're wrong. But seriously, you don't see how juvenile "Big Internet Tough Guy" sounds.


Big Internet Tough Guy is an internet meme. I'm surprised you haven't heard/seen it before.
__________________
leighvanderbyl.com
 
Old 08 August 2013   #48
Originally Posted by leigh: Big Internet Tough Guy is an internet meme.

Yes, and juvenile.
You may have the last word.
__________________
HMC: Model Collection
WIP: Harris Nut House
WIP: WarCraft Troll
wyattharris.com Dig it!
 
Old 08 August 2013   #49
Originally Posted by WyattHarris: Hmm, Malcolm's portfolio doesn't seem to work anymore. I surely hope he isn't banned because that seems highly inappropriate.


Are you serious?! I would say that addressing a moderator REPEATEDLY as "stupid" and "an idiot", along with his overall offensive and derogatory behaviour towards anybody who doesn't share his opinion on any given topic is a VERY appropriate reason for a ban. I'm actually surprised he made it that far with his attitude.

I don't get it, it's like some of you are blind on one eye!
 
Old 08 August 2013   #50
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
__________________
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
 
Thread Closed share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.