MAXON Announces CINEMA 4D R15

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by ThirdEye: No, it's awesome considering how great the new GI is.

Indeed.

Just one question; is C4D strictly 64-bit now?

Currently working on...HCR #42

07 July 2013
Yes it is. It already was on OS X, but now it als is 64 bit only on Windows.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Srek: He isn't

Yeeehahhhhh (you might have heard this in Friedrichsdorf)

07 July 2013
Gi in the prime edition OMG!...that's HUGE news...will have to check out the demo for sure now.

http://www.cresshead.com
youtube channel:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/cresshead

"zero stones - zero crates"

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by christianS: Oh, btw, Bevel looks realy great. I was hoping for a bit more modelling related stuff like splines for cutting, but bevel looks realy great.

Hey Christian,

did you tried the Spline Cut scripts Per posted in the Cinema 4D Scripts Section?
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...79&page=2&pp=15

Is this what you're looking after?

Ciao

Sascha

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by ThirdEye: No, it's awesome considering how great the new GI is.

Yes, GI in Prime is great. . . but, from what I am reading over on C4DCafe, the new GI Modes are not included.

Quote from C4D Café.

Prime now includes Global Illumination. The Physical renderer / Embree renderer is not included in Prime.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by jburford: Yes, GI in Prime is great. . . but, from what I am reading over on C4DCafe, the new GI Modes are not included.

Quote from C4D Café.

Prime now includes Global Illumination. The Physical renderer / Embree renderer is not included in Prime.

Physical and Embree have nothing to do with GI.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by ThirdEye: Physical and Embree have nothing to do with GI.

Well, there is GI in the Physical Renderer, and most certainly GI in the Embree Renderer. . .

Or not?

My comment was mainly for people not having Prime (like Cresshead), who do not have C4D nor Prime (yet) and are looking at adding, not to mistake that the other Renderers are included.

That was all.

07 July 2013
Global Illumination light transport is an option that you can enable in any render engine that supports it that you have installed in any version of Cinema 4D.

Both the Cinema 4D Standard render engine and Physical Render Engine (with and without Embree) support GI. Prime comes with the standard render engine.

07 July 2013
Well, I was totaly sure that Physical Render would still be restricted to the higher end packages, which is absolutely ok. But does this mean that all GI-options are now in Prime? And only Physical Render is excluded? Great move! And a smart one. I guess now it is easier to get new users interested and maybe it is even part of Cineware...

Originally Posted by aigle: Hey Christian,

did you tried the Spline Cut scripts Per posted in the Cinema 4D Scripts Section?
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...79&page=2&pp=15

Is this what you're looking after?

Ciao

Sascha

Yeah I tried them. While this is a good start it didn't allways work. If I remeber correctly open splines didn't work due to the usage of the booleans. For me, a good working solution for that is one of the few remaining big issues with the modelling right now.

But right now, I am just happy :-)

07 July 2013
Did the license manager get fixed?

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by dmeyer: Did the license manager get fixed?

Hi, did you contact technical support with your issue?

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Per-Anders: Hi, did you contact technical support with your issue?

Yep. It's not so much a specific bug than it is the overall design of it. It does not run as a service or daemon so you have to leave a user logged in. Also the manual license check in is terrible.

Migrating to industry standard RLM would be so much better.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by dmeyer: Yep. It's not so much a specific bug than it is the overall design of it. It does not run as a service or daemon so you have to leave a user logged in. Also the manual license check in is terrible.

Migrating to industry standard RLM would be so much better.

Doubt it, Maxon development simply doesn't seem to understand the concept of softwares running as services.

07 July 2013
So...
More sculpting stuff
Some nice render farming
Nice renderer improvements
Nice modelling and selection tools
Fit deformers automatically to objects - oddly most excited by this!
OpenGL improvements better be massive!
Text stuff looks useful

But

No node material editor - c'mon you could build it into expresso and it could be awesome!
No mograph enhancements
No xpresso enhancements
Desperately needed particle enhancements

I love c4d but Maxon do like to add stuff that NO one is asking for and not improving the things that matter.

Thread Closed share thread