portfolio
Roberto Ortiz
Illustrator/ Modeler
Washington DC, USA

Send a message via MSN to RobertoOrtiz
CartoonBrew: Uli Meyer’s Quest to Produce an Independent Animated Feature

Quote:
"
Animation veteran Uli Meyer (Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, An American Tail: Fievel Goes West, Ferngully: The Last Rainforest) recently posted 15 minutes of the story reel for his 90-minute CG feature film project MonsterMania, which has been in and out of pre-production for almost a decade. After 20 years of running his own commercial house and working on a variety of high profile projects like the special 70mm Lion King feature Circle of Life, the Mickey Mouse short Runaway Brain and large portions of the 1996 sports comedy Space Jam for Warner Bros., he has decided to focus on original animation productions.

"

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/intervie...ture-84982.html
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 07-01-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
flipnap
Pepperoni Pizzza

i wish we could have thousands of independent theaters that would work togethether to show only independent films. i wish we could break away from the "hollywood" style movie theater and start a new era of film watching experience. a new community of filmgoers who respect each others experience (example, nobody uses cell phones).

i would love to see a whole new theater experience spring up across the nation and break the chains of whats going on now. ridiculous prices, terrible food, horrible disrespectful crowds, and the same old movies playing across the country. id even invest in a theater chain that would play only older movies. i would much rather go see "escape from new york" on the big screen than go see "iron man 9" or whatever remake hollywood chooses.

God- "nietzsche is dead"

Old 07-02-2013, 07:04 AM   #3
Intars5d
Frequenter

portfolio
Intars Kocesevs
CG artist
Riga, Latvia

It would be so awesome to get a chance at least once see something like Predator on big screen and Arnold with his "Get DAUN" again
Theaters showing old awesome films sounds good enough for me as well.

I would really prefer go see Predator again than some Iron Man 9 - dead, soulless commercial crap full of hi-tech epic CG but still, a dead soulless crap.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:04 AM   #4
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread