ZBrush 4r6

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

06 June 2013
ZRemesher UVs

Originally Posted by ice-boy: i can see now Marvelous Designer users buying zbrush only for retopo.

someone needs to show a marvelous designer production model with zremesher.

The problem with ZRemesher is that it doesnt keep the orginial UVs. So while MD gives you a crazy triangulated garment mesh it has perfect UVs. ZRemesher gives me some really good topo out of it so I can sculpt in finer details after I will have to remap the whole thing which can be quite a hassle to get the fabric fiber direction straight with a mesh that has a lot of folds, wrinkles and some fabric stretching.

It works okay if you got quite simple patterns and you split them up to polygroups before retopo and run ZRemesher with perserved polygroups on. Tthen unfold the UVs by polygroups and you get an okay result to work from.

But if anyone has a good idea how you could get back your old UVs after a ZRemesher, im all ears!

MD are working on a quad output for some futher release. But it has been for quite some time now, so it might not be anytime soon.

Anyway, 4R6 is an amazing update, as usual from pixologic, and I've had a blast so far trying out all the new things!
Keep up the good work

07 July 2013
just export both to maya and transfer uv's based on world space, works wonders

07 July 2013
Oh wow, that really worked out great!
I had no idea UVs could be transfered based on world space, thats brilliant!

Thanks a ton.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Algehov: Oh wow, that really worked out great!
I had no idea UVs could be transfered based on world space, thats brilliant!

Thanks a ton.

that's one of the wonders of maya transfer tool, it really is amazing!
glad it worked out for u

07 July 2013
FYI, there is a bug in the Windows version when loading .jpgs into any part of ZB. Use autoupdate again to download patch 1. Doesn't require activation. Glad they turned that fix around quickly, I really needed it this weekend.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

07 July 2013
Metamesh, is the same possible in 3dsmax?

MY HMC

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Airflow: Metamesh, is the same possible in 3dsmax?

hey Airflow, as far as I know is not possible, at least not in an easy way...maybe using the projection modifier or something but I have never managed...

07 July 2013
I'm currently trying to do the same thing. It should be possible by flattening the mesh to UV space then using Skin Wrap and a morph target but I will let you know how I get on!

07 July 2013

*strokes GATOR in softimage and smiles evil smile*

But anyway, this is finally the release that has persuaded me to buy! Great job zbrush guys

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by mattmos: *strokes GATOR in softimage and smiles evil smile*

But anyway, this is finally the release that has persuaded me to buy! Great job zbrush guys

Curses, foiled again...

MY HMC

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Airflow: Curses, foiled again...
Rob, I've had some limited success using the Projection Modifier in 3ds Max but it still requires a lot of manual clean-up. I had hoped to Zremesh whilst retaining the panels of cloth but this unfortunately results in a much denser mesh.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by WyattHarris: FYI, there is a bug in the Windows version when loading .jpgs into any part of ZB....

I use Spotlight and import jpgs for textures etc. and I haven't experienced that. Not yet anyway.
I did have problems with Autoupdate and I eventually had to download the full install. No issues since then.

07 July 2013
May have been the autoupdate version then. Mine says ZBrush 4R6 P1 in the title bar now.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

07 July 2013
To update i had to use the zupdater on ZB4r5 directory, autoupdate seems it wasn't but everything went fine and since i waited some time before updating, i got P2 directly which is a new patch solving these bugs redo update if you didn't yet.

reply share thread