Thea Render Presto Edition 1.2

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2013   #1
Smile Thea Render Presto Edition 1.2

Dear friends,

after a long development effort, we can present now the new edition 1.2, featuring the innovation of Field Mapping and the brand new Presto GPU engine (Nvidia CUDA required for the latter).

It is really a celebration day for us after an intensive development period. We would like to thank, first of all, our dedicated users that had the patience and were also pushing us forward! The new version would not be possible without their support!

You can watch the trailer for the new edition on youtube. It is a nice composition of animations made with Adaptive BSD and Presto GPU engines.

Second, we would like to invite everybody to our celebration and for this, we will have a discount period strictly until 10th July. The new edition 1.2 is currently available only for our licensed users.

Best wishes

Old 06 June 2013   #2
Whatever happened to the live plugin for C4D? Are there any examples of non-turntable animations rendered using Presto?

Old 06 June 2013   #3
Yeah was also worried to see that there were no new posts in the c4d-Plugin-Thread in their forum for 15 months. Thea seems to be a nice alternative if you want GI in Cinema for a decent price (being a hobby c4d-Prime user...). For the current 195€ it would be really an option if there was a fully integrated plugin (then it would be 50€ more I guess, which would still be a great offer). I guess a plugin won't be anounced before 10th july....

Back on topic: 1.2-Release looks nice. GPU-Rendering is nice, though not that important for me. Field Rendering looks great. It's nice to be able to choose between biased and unbiased. Congrats guys.

Old 07 July 2013   #4
Originally Posted by christianS: Yeah was also worried to see that there were no new posts in the c4d-Plugin-Thread in their forum for 15 months. Thea seems to be a nice alternative if you want GI in Cinema for a decent price (being a hobby c4d-Prime user...). For the current 195€ it would be really an option if there was a fully integrated plugin (then it would be 50€ more I guess, which would still be a great offer). I guess a plugin won't be anounced before 10th july....

Back on topic: 1.2-Release looks nice. GPU-Rendering is nice, though not that important for me. Field Rendering looks great. It's nice to be able to choose between biased and unbiased. Congrats guys.

FYI Thea for C4D - Alpha with Presto GPU rendering is available for licensed users upon a request. Join to Alpha Testing program at http://www.thearender.com/forum/vie...php?f=16&t=7177 (Windows & OS X, Cinema 4D R12/R13/R14).

Old 07 July 2013   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread