Education Forum Leader

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
Kirsty Parkin
Manager, Education and Training
Rising Sun Pictures
Adelaide, Australia

Becoming a Better Artist returns to CGWorkshops

If you haven't taken this incredible online workshop and joined the alumni community it has spawned, then now is your chance. Rob Chang returns with Becoming a Better Artist , the 8 week mentored online workshop for digital artists of all levels and experience. If you're feeling blocked or stuck in your artistic path, or need to know which direction to pursue next, this is the path you need to take.

In Rob's own words: "If you become a student of mine, I remain your mentor for as long as you still need me, even long after the workshop has ended. I have made this promise to all of my past students and I have kept that promise. There are students from the earliest runs of the workshop that I still help regularly today.

Starts July - enrolling now. .

Old 06-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
Zhim

portfolio
Jean-Noe Tharin
Lausanne,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buscat
In Rob's own words: "If you become a student of mine, I remain your mentor for as long as you still need me, even long after the workshop has ended. I have made this promise to all of my past students and I have kept that promise. There are students from the earliest runs of the workshop that I still help regularly today.

I confirm this is true! I've enrolled in january last year and Rob is still here to give me advices and critiques. And as you all probably know finding good critiques on the Internet is hard so having a caring professional artist watching my progression is something invaluable!

So if anyone is reading this and wondering if it's a good idea to join an online workshop or if the price is adequate the answer is: yes! 263% worth it! If you are dedicated and willing to put some hard work, because you don't become a good artist by slacking, you'll get more than you ever hope (at least I did!)

Old 07-04-2013, 06:16 AM   #3
Drexl
Drexl Van Exel
NO

The workshop has tons and tons of information and Rob is a very dedicated teacher. He has always given me comprehensive and helpful feedback for my assignments. I plan to stick around in the Alumni lounge because there is no need to stress about over-due work and he will still help you. Besides, there are a lot of talented people in the workshop and you can always learn something new.

Old 07-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #4
chaoticreality
Frequenter

portfolio
Ali Asad Jafri
COO/Co-Founder
www.inverse.tv
Karachi, Pakistan

Send a message via MSN to chaoticreality
I would recommend it 200%. This workshop is for everyone related to art whether your a 2d or 3d artist. I am a 3d generalist myself and would recommend this workshop as an eye opening experience. Plus if you work hard enough and follow the instructor properly, you will see improvements right away and this will also change the way you think about the subject of art itself. So stop slacking around and do something right. Join this workshop. I did.

-It takes an effort to make a point

Old 07-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
kimvandeun
sketch ferret

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Kim Van Deun
freelance illustrator / concept artist / visual development
Freelance, self-employed
Belgium

I learned more during this eight weeks than during a full year of illustration evening class.
It's like a switch in your head: suddenly, you understand the painting process itself: how to apply values, colour, why composition works, the impact of brushwork,...

In the past I painted merely on intuition, and that's dangerous, as this approach can grind the improvement of your skills to a halt. Rob is fully dedicated to explain, help and critique your work, so you can break through your artistic plateau.

I advise this workshop to everyone who want's to become a better artist, just like the title says.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread