US CBS News: Why is the movie industry changing? (Video)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2013
hmm yeah, that's interesting. The studios and theaters obviously need each other and need to reach an agreement.

I can't help but think if push came to shove, that the movie studios ultimately hold the cards. Theaters can scream bloody murder about movie studios releasing a movie early to netflix or DVD, but in the end the movie studio still has that way to make money.

A theater without movies, doesn't have a fallback plan.

That right there tells me theaters will fall before hollywood does - starting with american theaters.

The studios who refuse to adapt and still want to rely on theaters will probably die off next after the other studios get priority deals with netflix and amazon.

Last edited by sentry66 : 06 June 2013 at 05:08 AM.

06 June 2013
I believe Hollywood is all about budget and money now. It's kinda massive competition over here. Everyone who is taking part in them is now talking quality and earning and how to achieve folk's attention. People are so involve in such activities that they don't actually know what exactly is going on. I think this is the order! The New World Order!

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by ChristieJohann: I believe Hollywood is all about budget and money now. It's kinda massive competition over here. Everyone who is taking part in them is now talking quality and earning and how to achieve folk's attention. People are so involve in such activities that they don't actually know what exactly is going on. I think this is the order! The New World Order!

Hi Christie, looks like you're new here, welcome to CGTalk. Yeah I agree Hollywood is all about money and trying to push whatever they want on people. I was wondering though, if I could ask you a question through PM. You seem to have PMs and email disabled.

07 July 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread