Developed with direct feedback from visual effects vendors using Terragen in major film and TV projects, Terragen 3 Professional includes many new features and performance enhancements to meet the needs of deadline-driven projects. A Linux render node will also be available making integration with existing Linux render farms possible for the first time.
- Comprehensive layer and render element output
- Enhanced 3D preview
- New ultra fast, high detail Global Illumination mode
- Significantly improved population control including per-instance editing and color variation
- Support for FBX and other industry-standard data interchange formats
- Significant performance enhancements for localized cloud rendering
- Object mesh deformation
- Content library for organizing and quickly accessing scene files, objects, and textures
- Enhanced DEM format and georeferencing support
- New spherical camera
- Depth of Field blur
- Linux render node
A sample of some of the 25+ render elements available for output in 32 bit EXR from Terragen 3 Professional
Current Terragen licensees include include Digital Domain, Prime Focus, Lola Post, ILM, and many more. You can see Terragen work from several of these studios in Oblivion, coming up this weekend in theaters in Man of Steel, as well as in Elysium later in the year. Many of the Terragen shots in these films have been produced with the benefit of Terragen 3 Professional features in alpha testing.
Release of the Terragen 3 product line is currently scheduled for July. Visit Terragen3.com for more details and check back for regular updates, including later announcements of the full feature set, pricing, and final release date. Or get the same updates directly in your email by signing up for our Terragen newsletter and get a chance to win one of 5 free licenses of Terragen 3 Professional. See Terragen3.com for details.