CB:Say Goodbye to Storyboard Artists, Hello Amazon Storyteller

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2013   #16
Originally Posted by fuss: Linked to from within the same article:

http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/tha...ribes-weigh-in/

Couldn't say it better myself.

That's 2010. Looking at the date, probably when Amazon first set things up. I was there for a while, until I was sure I was not the winner of that 1 million

A lot have changed. The review, the forum. And in order to be serious, Amazon have to toe the Writers Guild of America line.

http://studios.amazon.com/getting-started#dev_slate

So you can basically say for some of beginners (or even experienced, since back then 1 million is a lot of money) this is one of the good outlet to provide your script to.

EDIT

One of the best, and most often requested, was private submission.

Unlike the beginning, where it was more like fake review, viral like popularity compo, etc, Amazon keep changing things up, specially when some of the writers are member of WGA.

So now Amazon Studio indeed, you can say it, a studio. You register your script, submit it to Amazon, within 45 days, if they think you script is not good enough, then you just pull it out and shop it at other places.

I think this is good for beginners. Since once Amazon have buy two or three of your script, and can start using that as leverage to go direct to other studios.

Last edited by fablefox : 06 June 2013 at 11:49 AM. Reason: more info

Old 06 June 2013   #17
"And the Oscar for best original screenplay goes to...d0nkypenis666@hotmail.com!"

As for the storyboard tool. Character designs. Set designs.
Opening shot-How would it deal with 'an alien planet like you've never seen before featuring an alien creature like you've never seen before'.
I know you can load in some of your own assets but then where do you start 'saving time' then?

Old 06 June 2013   #18
Originally Posted by GatorNic: I mean really this is kinda like Poser. Is Poser replacing all modelers? No, it has its place, but there is only so far you can take it before you might as well build your own stuff.

Fortunately for Poser users, it's much easier to make your own stuff than it used to be, and the OpenGL preview actually looks nice now. That brick wall that most users would eventually hit has been moved much farther back.

Old 06 June 2013   #19
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread