Blaster X HD by 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2013
Blaster X HD by 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)

Hi Everyone,

I have been a member of CGTalk for a while now, and I would like to share with the community that my friend and I have released our first game, Blaster X HD on the App Store today. It is a big event for us, as we have been working on it for a couple of years on our own time. This is our first game by 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games) and the entire game was made by just the two of us.

The game is currently on sale at 99cents for 2 days, as our way of saying "Thank You" to our early supporters. I am also in the new IP Incubator Club that Roberto is putting together on here, and there are some really nice projects in there too - people should come check it out. Thank you to anyone who would like to support us as we look forward to creating more fun and great games in the future.

Game: Blaster X HD
Company: 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)

Direct Link to Game: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bla...51024?ls=1&mt=8

Please also join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/2GMGames or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/2GMGames

Brief Game Description:

Blaster X HD:
1.) Over 400 Levels of Mental Addiction
2.) 9 Diverse Worlds, all with different gameplay attributes/elements
3.) 200+ Unique Layouts
4.) High Resolution HD Graphics
5.) Fluid Control System for enhanced gameplay
6.) Leaderboards, unlockables, and more!
7.) Works on ALL generations of iPad and IPad Mini
8.) 100% Independent Developer - no publisher, no funding, just all on our own.

Images of our game, Blaster X HD:

Thanks again to all of our supporters!

05 May 2013
Congratulations on your release, but I think it would help if you uploaded a video showing what the gameplay looks like.

05 May 2013
Hi Lo,

Thank you for the reply. We are currently looking into and working on making a gameplay video. We hope to have that done shortly.

In the meantime, I added our Teaser Trailer to YouTube and Vimeo as well.

Blaster X HD: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blaster-x-hd/id615851024?ls=1&mt=8

https://vimeo.com/65319647

Gameplay Footage:

www.facebook.com/2GMGames
www.twitter.com/2GMGames

Last edited by Rez007 : 05 May 2013 at 02:08 PM.

05 May 2013
I've read everything about your game and watched the video's you've uploaded and cannot for the life of me figure out what it is, what you do, or how it plays. You really need to rectify that, as quickly as possible.

05 May 2013
Hi Cubiclegangster,

I recently added in the AppStore a better description in the Gameplay Elements section to help make it easier for people to understand. We are also currently working on getting a gameplay video made as quickly as possible to help show what the game is about.

(Taken from the Appstore)
------------------
GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS
Launch your Blaster by pulling your finger back and let it fly! Manipulate and guide your Blaster, as you blast your way through the Orbs to clear each level! Absorb the Orbs’ energy, as that is the power source for your Blaster - so grab them all!
(Non-violent gameplay, suitable for all ages.)
-------------------

We appreciate the feedback and comments and we are working hard to improve everything that we can. Thank You.

05 May 2013
Any chance of android release? I like supporting little guys but have up my iphone for a 4s a few months ago

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by mlager8: Any chance of android release? I like supporting little guys but have up my iphone for a 4s a few months ago

Hi mlager8,

Currently, the game is exclusive to Apple, but we are all-ears-open to what people are asking for, and we are always keeping our options open. We have about 2 years time invested in the game, so we are hoping for the best.

Visiblity is very tough for newcomers, so we are trying to make the best of it. Thank you for your kind comments and support. We will keep updates with our plans also on our Facebook site, www.facebook.com/2GMGames - if you are interested.

Thanks Again,
Rudy

Last edited by Rez007 : 05 May 2013 at 05:52 PM.

05 May 2013
Just out of curiosity what engine are you using? Why not build in unity where cross platform is not an issue? You literally recompile the game with a drop down bar.

05 May 2013
Can't really go wrong for 99 cents (€0.89 in Ireland) if it helps support the developers. I just bought it and will play with it later.

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by mlager8: Just out of curiosity what engine are you using? Why not build in unity where cross platform is not an issue? You literally recompile the game with a drop down bar.

Hi mlager8,

We built Blaster X HD using Cocos2D with custom programming for physics and collision detection. At the time we started development, it was right before Unity started to pick up steam. Looking back now, Unity would have been very nice and easier in the long run. we still have options that we are looking for to see where to grow/expand from here. We always like to keep our options open, so hopefully one day we can expand with Blaster X HD.

Last edited by Rez007 : 05 May 2013 at 02:10 PM.

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by Dillster: Can't really go wrong for 99 cents (€0.89 in Ireland) if it helps support the developers. I just bought it and will play with it later.

Hi Dillster,

Thank you for the support. It means a lot to us. Please let me know what you think of the game, and if you could also be so kind to review the game on iTunes that would be great. Thanks again and let me know if you have any questions.

I also just posted a YouTube video of some gameplay. It is setup in a montage of snippets so everyone can see what the Worlds look like. (I also made the addition to one of my posts above.)

Gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shML-DNUD48

Last edited by Rez007 : 05 May 2013 at 02:13 PM.

05 May 2013
Hi Everyone,

We just posted some Gameplay footage of Worlds Horizon and District. We have some more videos coming and some good news to post very soon. Thanks to everyone who have helped us out, as we are starting to get some visibility! Please check out the video and let us know what you think.

Blaster X HD Gameplay - Horizon and District

Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bla...d615851024?mt=8

Thank You,
Rudy

05 May 2013
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to share with the community, of which I have been a longtime member, that our game Blaster X HD, just received a feature/mention by Kotaku as a recommended game to play for the week. We were mentioned in the same article/week as Zynga's new Running with Friends, so that is some great exposure for us and our game. It is pretty exciting as that is a very big outlet and the visibility is always welcome.

http://kotaku.com/your-weekend-is-g...aming-500507250

Thanks,
Rudy

08 August 2013
Blaster X HD 400+ Levels with No Ads / No IAPs

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let people know that we recently released a big update for our game, Blaster X HD packing it full of what our players were asking for. I have been a member on these forums for a very long time and I am also frequent contributor to CGTalk's IP Club. It would mean a lot to us if anyone would like to check it out, as we are a 2 man-team and 100% Indie. I believe we are the only ones offering a game with 400+ handcrafted Levels with No Ads and No IAPs. Come join the IP Club here on CGTalk as well - we are a nice group of people and all ideas are welcome.

Blaster X HD: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bla...d615851024?mt=8

Blaster X HD Version Update:
- New Game and AppStore Icon
- New art and modifications to End-of-Level Screen
- SoundFX enhancements and additions throughout
- Overhaul to Tutorial Section with added visual guides and replay of Tutorials
- Modification to Blaster physics allowing for greater agility and ease-of-play
- Fixed collision detection in Arena Level 33
- Fixed bug with Orbs sometimes moving when touched - crushed minor bugs
- Additional tweaks to game throughout
- Added system to allow us to make enhancements based on User feedback/gameplay to maximize future updates

Free Blaster X HD Wallpaper

Thanks for the Support!
Rudy

2GMG on Twitter

08 August 2013
Hi Everyone,

In addition to our recent update to our game, Blaster X HD that just hit the AppStore, we just received and awesome review from Appgefahren - one of the Top German review sites, saying our game should not be missed along side Plants vs. Zombies 2! The article is in German and some of the impact gets lost in the translation, but please check it out. Thanks!

Review: http://www.appgefahren.de/blaster-x...veln-78635.html

Blaster X HD: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bla...d615851024?mt=8

I am also a contributing member to the IP Club here on CGTalk. Please come join us and create your own IP - the more the better.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...p?f=2&t=1117275

Thanks,
Rudy

2GMG on Twitter

Thread Closed share thread