Arnold for Maya Video Series

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2013   #1
Arnold for Maya Video Series

http://tmblr.co/Z26hWsillVx0

I'd like to introduce a new video series we've produced on Arnold for Maya.

In this 6 hour series we are going through all the knobs, buttons, and options available to us in Arnold for Maya. And get to grips with the workflow and methods of Arnold.

We have been working really closely with Solid angle for a long time, and will be teaching on their behalf at FMX next week, and hope to see you then!

The download page will be going live before Friday, so here is the introduction video to the series.

Old 04 April 2013   #2
Sorry
is this free ?

Old 04 April 2013   #3
Originally Posted by Eshta: Sorry
is this free ?

very highly unlikely

BTW the training looks promising. Apart from fxphd's there's not much to choose from. Then again, the renderer itself is not very accessible

Last edited by brudney : 04 April 2013 at 12:43 PM.

Old 04 April 2013   #4
Hi Guys,

Sorry but no it's not going to be free.

The price will be announced when the download page goes live. It's going to be a digital download with all the asset files rather than streaming.

And while you are right in that currently it isn't very assessable, that is going to change at some point in the near future.

Thanks

Ben

Old 04 April 2013   #5
Great that there is a video series.

Will be nice to have a look at this render solution in some depth.

I hope near future is nearer than what they have been calling near over the last few years though.

Old 04 April 2013   #6
Nice, looking forward watching this!

Last edited by Mr.Tyler Durden : 04 April 2013 at 02:37 PM.

Old 04 April 2013   #7
Arnold for Maya Series now on sale

Hi Guys,

The Arnold for Maya video series is now available for purchase and download!

It's 6 hours 30 mins long, and comes with all the maya files, textures and HDR maps to follow along.

Please go and check it out.

Arnold for Maya Training Series

Old 04 April 2013   #8
You should put what it teaches not how much time it lasts.
I know that is default publicize mode of tutorials, but i think it is just obfuscation.
I have had tutorials that teach more in 15 min than some that lasted 2 hours.

Old 04 April 2013   #9
Great to see the series.

Now lets have Arnold!

By the way... checked out the video. It looks to be a good series and a reasonable price.

My only hesitation. I don't want to buy the video, get all worked up over Arnold and then wait another few years like the last time they said it would be available soon.

What is the hold up anyways?

I feel if you are going to be offering this video, and want to sell more copies that at least, be prepared to give something more concrete than "near future".

They have been saying that well, I can not remember a time when they have not said that. How many years has it been?

Last edited by cineartist : 04 April 2013 at 05:55 PM.

Old 04 April 2013   #10
Originally Posted by cineartist:
Now lets have Arnold!

What is the hold up anyways?

You can buy it actually, so what is the hold up?

Old 04 April 2013   #11
Sounds juicy. Are there any chances for a Softimage version too?

Old 04 April 2013   #12
Originally Posted by Mr.Tyler Durden: You can buy it actually, so what is the hold up?

I am not a studio? I am not independently wealthy?

Available = website, trial version, pricing for individual licenses. Reasonable node license pricing strategy for individuals such as Vray etc.

They are apparently not ready to go that route. At least that is my understanding currently.

Perhaps I should have stuck with the more apt.... "accessible".

Old 04 April 2013   #13
Originally Posted by cineartist: I am not a studio? I am not independently wealthy?

Available = website, trial version, pricing for individual licenses. Reasonable node license pricing strategy for individuals such as Vray etc.

They are apparently not ready to go that route. At least that is my understanding currently.

Perhaps I should have stuck with the more apt.... "accessible".

Well, maybe you are not their targeted customer then.

Taking that aside, Arnold is available for over two years now, its spreading was just limited for several reasons which are totally understandable btw.

There is a website, you can email them if you are interested, ect.. So in your definition it is available/accessible indeed.

"Not ready" sounds limited, replacing that by "not aiming" sounds more like it.

Cheers

Old 04 April 2013   #14
Originally Posted by AUMAKUA: Sounds juicy. Are there any chances for a Softimage version too?

FXPhD is offering an Arnold course which is based on Softimage

Old 04 April 2013   #15
Originally Posted by Mr.Tyler Durden: Well, maybe you are not their targeted customer then.

Taking that aside, Arnold is available for over two years now, its spreading was just limited for several reasons which are totally understandable btw.

There is a website, you can email them if you are interested, ect.. So in your definition it is available/accessible indeed.

"Not ready" sounds limited, replacing that by "not aiming" sounds more like it.

Cheers

Not aiming works for me. We can go with that.

Since you seem fairly dialed in, do you have any insight as to my original question putting the choice word "aiming?

I really would like to know. When will they be "aiming" it at the rest of the world? lol actually that sounds funny. But we'll just go with it.

Is this "sometime soon" going to be.... months years.... etc.

And I was asking the people marketing the tutorial for what it is worth. They are after all trying to make sales here.

Thread Closed share thread