THE WRAP: VFX House Pixomondo Shuts Shanghai Office, Will Move Away from Film

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2013   #1
THE WRAP: VFX House Pixomondo Shuts Shanghai Office, Will Move Away from Film

Quote:
"Visual-effects company Pixomondo will abandon much of its film business after shutting its Shanghai office in the wake of closures in London and Detroit, the company told TheWrap."

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/artic...exclusive-83341
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 04 April 2013   #2
ARGHHH
The wrap, why even read it?

Thilo, the CEO, already stated it's not true, and his company is being damaged by that BS.

The wrap refused to take the article offline or change its contents (they are well known for their mistakes and unwillingness to go back on them, and the author only changed the title slightly).

You can check Cohen's twitter for quotes from the actual Thilo, and not some made up BS from a journalist who wasn't told what she's quoting, allegedly, verbatim.

https://twitter.com/Variety_DSCohen
Quote: Thilo writes: "BS I have not said that to her!! Why should I say this???? My company is getting damaged by this.

Quote: More Thilo: "Do you really think that I would inform my employees and my clients through The Wrap about such a move?"

Quote: Asked Thilo if Pixomondo is moving away from film. He wrote "NO"

Old 04 April 2013   #3
Originally Posted by ThE_JacO: ARGHHH
The wrap refused to take the article offline or change its contents (they are well known for their mistakes and unwillingness to go back on them...........

They have got into hot water over that practice in the past, at least twice that I can recall.

Old 04 April 2013   #4
Update from another source:

Pixomondo closes Shanghai facility
Quote:
"Multinational visual effects company Pixomondo has closed down its facility in Shanghai.
The unit, which serviced the feature film, corporate clients and commercials industries, officially closed its doors on 19 March. Some 20 employees lost their jobs, while a small handful were transferred to Beijing.

The closure reflects the on-going turmoil in the visual effects industry, which has seen high-profile US- based multinationals Digital Domain and Rhythm & Hues both in financial difficulties and change ownership. Pixomondo previously closed other facilities in London and Detroit.

Marcus Roth, general manager of the Shanghai unit, and Daniel Rajcic, its creative director, are now in the process of setting up a new company Image Unit.

Pixomondo was founded in 2001 by Thilo Kuther and built a network of facilities in the US, Canada, Germany and Asia."

http://www.filmbiz.asia/news/pixomo...anghai-facility
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 04 April 2013   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread