SheepFactory
Expert
CGSociety Member
portfolio
x y
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novakog
Ali - for viewport updating during playback, try turning off "Hot Scrubbing" in the viewport options ("O" key over a viewport, or the gear button in the top right). That will pretty much completely disable it while playing an animation, and it will lazily update (wait until you stop moving) while scrubbing.

You can scale keys in the graph editor using Ctrl + RMB + Drag, or Shift + RMB + Drag (Ctrl scales based on the end of your selection closest to your mouse, shift scales centered on the key closed to your mouse). It's an omission in the docs of the graph editor, but it's in the docs for the gradient editor (which is mostly the same thing).

I think you're right about the time haul tool being too sensitive, and it would be good to be able to hide it. It would also be good to have a faster way to set a playback range.

Ah thanks Andrew! Hot Scrubbing does what I need.

Old 03-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #47
mustique
Expert
copywriter

Lux looks to be on a roll! Unlimited render nodes is huge. I don't know any renderer that's as fast and beatiful and comes with unlimited render nodes... Live particles look very interesting... I have to give modo another try to see if I can get my head around the shading workflow. The node editor for particle effects would be cool for material and shaders too btw. Great release, great work

Old 03-29-2013, 04:38 PM   #48
SheepFactory
Expert
CGSociety Member
portfolio
x y
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustique
Lux looks to be on a roll! Unlimited render nodes is huge. I don't know any renderer that's as fast and beatiful and comes with unlimited render nodes... Live particles look very interesting... I have to give modo another try to see if I can get my head around the shading workflow. The node editor for particle effects would be cool for material and shaders too btw. Great release, great work

The shading workflow is as simple as it gets, if you know how to use photoshop layers you know how to texture in modo.

Old 03-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #49
SheepFactory
Expert
CGSociety Member
portfolio
x y
Canada

And for some reason Luxology didn't show one of the coolest new features in modo 7, the variation texture. Check it out at the demo video here:

http://sabpro.box.com/s/343tkjfwdn274eac8zfh

Old 03-29-2013, 06:28 PM   #50
jamination
PRO
phil harbath
columbus, US

Sheepfactory, since you seem to have tried your hand at character animation in modo 701 would you mind comparing it to maya or Softimage (where it falls short, where it shines). I am curious if it is worth trying it at this point, or if it a release or 2 away. Does Modo have a feature like character sets so all controls can be keyed at once?

Old 03-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #51
fablefox
Lord of the posts
portfolio
Azhar Mat Zin
Fable Fox
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamination
Sheepfactory, since you seem to have tried your hand at character animation in modo 701 would you mind comparing it to maya or Softimage (where it falls short, where it shines). I am curious if it is worth trying it at this point, or if it a release or 2 away. Does Modo have a feature like character sets so all controls can be keyed at once?

AFAIK, NLA is still not available and neither loading of .bvh or usual mocap files.

But there is this. BVH loader script or something.

http://forums.luxology.com/topic.aspx?f=4&t=69994

there are ACS kit to help you better at this rigging and animating

http://forums.luxology.com/topic.as...&t=74356&page=1

So this might be a problem for those who already invested in mocap (for example the lowcost ipi studio).

Old 03-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #52
SheepFactory
Expert
CGSociety Member
portfolio
x y
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamination

I need some more time getting familiar with modo before I can fully compare but I am pretty happy working in it.

You should definitely give it a try and see for yourself when the demo is available.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #53
Zeddicus
Nothing is ever easy.

I'm unable to watch any of the videos on Luxology.TV right now, not even ones about the older versions of modo. I'm using Firefox and tried disabling all my plug-ins, except for Quicktime, Flash, and Java, but that didn't help. The links that say "View YouTube" don't work either and all videos say "0 kb/s : 0MB", the meaning of which I don't understand in this specific context. The site doesn't request any login credentials so I doubt that is the problem. Any ideas?

Old 04-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #54
CB_3D
Lord of the posts

C Ferreira
Architecture, Engine, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddicus
I'm unable to watch any of the videos on Luxology.TV right now, not even ones about the older versions of modo. I'm using Firefox and tried disabling all my plug-ins, except for Quicktime, Flash, and Java, but that didn't help. The links that say "View YouTube" don't work either and all videos say "0 kb/s : 0MB", the meaning of which I don't understand in this specific context. The site doesn't request any login credentials so I doubt that is the problem. Any ideas?

Wait a few hours. I think the 701 section and tour are being updated right now, so a lot stuff doesn´t work atm.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #55
Zeddicus
Nothing is ever easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB_3D
Wait a few hours. I think the 701 section and tour are being updated right now, so a lot stuff doesn´t work atm.

That's probably the case, once again proving my timing is as impeccable as always lol.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #56
CB_3D
Lord of the posts

C Ferreira
Architecture, Engine, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddicus
That's probably the case, once again proving my timing is as impeccable as always lol.

well, nothing is ever easy ;-)

Old 04-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #57
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread