Modo 7 - Particles sneak peek video

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2013
Man that is lame. They could at least give us a couple more hours so we can watch the launch vidcast and then make a decision.

03 March 2013
There is an offer now if you buy 601 you get 701 when it comes out.. 701 has a slight price hike to $1495 since it now has more features...

Upgrades pricing remains the same regardless of which version your upgrading from..

So if you want 701 and don't have a previous version buy it now..

03 March 2013
Quote: Man that is lame. They could at least give us a couple more hours so we can watch the launch vidcast and then make a decision.

i feel the same way, i don't want to do a rush buy. hopefully they will extend it a day or two after the release.

Quote: Not sure where I read about 701 costing $1495 though, maybe it was speculations.

What are the planned pricing changes?

Upgrade and educational prices remain the same for USD and GBP.

EUR upgrade and educational pricing has decreased due to exchange rate fluctuations. New licenses of MODO 701 will increase to $1495 and new floating licenses of MODO 701 will increase to $1795.

03 March 2013
Yea oh well.

Just bought and joined the modo family. I was going to buy at some point anyway, might as well get it now and save some money.

03 March 2013
Originally Posted by SheepFactory: Yea oh well.

Just bought and joined the modo family. I was going to buy at some point anyway, might as well get it now and save some money.

Welcome to the club just remember you will never be forced to upgrade again and when you do it will only cost $500

03 March 2013
Originally Posted by Kabab: There is an offer now if you buy 601 you get 701 when it comes out.. 701 has a slight price hike to $1495 since it now has more features...

Upgrades pricing remains the same regardless of which version your upgrading from..

So if you want 701 and don't have a previous version buy it now..

Slight? From $1200 to maybe as much as $1800 (inc. VAT) just to not buy the pig in the sack?

03 March 2013
Originally Posted by Sthu: Slight? From $1200 to maybe as much as $1800 (inc. VAT) just to not buy the pig in the sack?
Was never $1200 if you include VAT as well... It's still crazy good value and the price increase is consistent with previous versions its not big surprise...

03 March 2013
Thank god we don't have VAT here in Canada so it is $1200 for me. I emailed lux sales and got a further %5 off so I am happy.

Also it seems 701 is releasing today since they said the old pricing is good till 701 release and the old pricing is ending at 11am today. Hope they go "and now you can go download 701!" after the event

edit: out of curiosity how much does Maya/Max cost in Europe with VAT?

03 March 2013
Paid $1050ish USD from Motion Media for 601.

03 March 2013
Event starting in 2 minutes. Whenever Lux updates their webpage we will make a new thread with the new features.

03 March 2013
Originally Posted by SheepFactory: Event starting in 2 minutes. Whenever Lux updates their webpage we will make a new thread with the new features.

Event started all right.. even though we had to register to it its only available to 500 participants... so what did the registering was for? Registering usually means booking a place right? Guess not...

03 March 2013
They said Cisco screwed them over and limited to 500 even though they upgraded their account to support thousands. They said the video will be available after the event so you will see it soon.

03 March 2013
Quote: Event started all right.. even though we had to register to it its only available to 500 participants... so what did the registering was for? Registering usually means booking a place right? Guess not...

just logged in and got the same message, oh well i guess we will have to wait until its posted.

03 March 2013
Originally Posted by Kabab: Was never $1200 if you include VAT as well... It's still crazy good value and the price increase is consistent with previous versions its not big surprise...

ok, I thought that was introduced now with the foundry being in europe (so new rules) or something like that.

The value is great, for now, but it will soon cost foundry money and that is more than I can afford, guess that is why I'm whining so about it. But really, all this sneakyness is like a slap to the face when all you want is more info.

03 March 2013
Wow this is incredible so far.

Thread Closed share thread