Modo 7 - Particles sneak peek video

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #46
A couple more.

Eight

Nine-Ten-Eleven

Old 03 March 2013   #47
Originally Posted by Novakog: A couple more.

Eight

Nine-Ten-Eleven

Very nice. The time haul tool is such a elegant solution. The motion curves look great too with the highlighting.

Old 03 March 2013   #48
Im loving the modo videos so far. Next week will be interesting because modo will be coming along with the updates from AD.

Old 03 March 2013   #49
Originally Posted by SheepFactory: Very nice. The time haul tool is such a elegant solution. The motion curves look great too with the highlighting.

Yeah Mark (our primary animation developer) put some serious thought and love into animation for 701. There's more to come in that area...

Old 03 March 2013   #50
nice! this looks very promising.

may i ask, in the demo videos the camera move/orbit looks kinda quirky (is this a word? ), or is it exactly like in most other tools (autodesk)? (i'm not talking about the keys to control it, more how the cam rotates/reacts) ..... i'm still hunted by bad (lightwave based ) memories...

it is possible to step a frame back and forth with the keyboard arrow keys, without this new time tool? (which would be the most straight forward way of dealing with this? IMHO)

keep up your great work!
(as soon as a decent shading and pass system gets added (i love softimage in this area), i'm sold. )

portfolio - www.shaidacher.com
Vimeo - vimeo.com/deroesi

game project - moldgame.wordpress.com

WIPs - theremoteguy.tumblr.com

Old 03 March 2013   #51
Originally Posted by derOesi: nice! this looks very promising.

may i ask, in the demo videos the camera move/orbit looks kinda quirky (is this a word? ), or is it exactly like in most other tools (autodesk)? (i'm not talking about the keys to control it, more how the cam rotates/reacts) ..... i'm still hunted by bad (lightwave based ) memories...

it is possible to step a frame back and forth with the keyboard arrow keys, without this new time tool? (which would be the most straight forward way of dealing with this? IMHO)

keep up your great work!
(as soon as a decent shading and pass system gets added (i love softimage in this area), i'm sold. )

Hey derOesi - quirky is the right word for that context, but can you explain what you mean exactly? It's been a while since I used any Autodesk packages, but I originally came from a Maya background, and I don't remember any major differences with the navigation in modo, except that "trackball rotation" is enabled by default (basically, the default nav controls allow for "roll" based on circular mouse movement, but it's easy to turn it off).

It's certainly possible to assign frame stepping to the arrow keys, though they're not by default. That would only solve this problem well if the range you're interested in is less than 5 frames or so - having to hit the arrow key five times every time you want to move through the animation would be a pain IMO. You may only care about 1-3 frames in an intersection like this, but often you'll want to be scrubbing through a bit more of the animation.

Regarding passes, modo 601 already has an incredibly powerful render pass system. Or are there some particular shortcomings that are a barrier for you?

Last edited by Novakog : 03 March 2013 at 04:28 AM.

Old 03 March 2013   #52
Hey Andrew,

How does Modo display custom animation controls like face controls, foot roll controls etc. In Maya as you know you have the channel box, which keeps things perfectly organized. Does modo have something similar?

Old 03 March 2013   #53
Originally Posted by SheepFactory: Hey Andrew,

How does Modo display custom animation controls like face controls, foot roll controls etc. In Maya as you know you have the channel box, which keeps things perfectly organized. Does modo have something similar?

Hey - custom animation controls exist on the "User Channels" panel of the item properties, which is pretty much the channel box except that only custom channels are there. Here's a really simple example of setting up a user channel to control a morph map's (blendshape) effect: https://vimeo.com/43011104. It's also common for people to match a viewport control to a set of user channels with the channel haul tool, which is an in-viewport channel controller (like the time haul tool), such as in this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVYt97qRHb8

Last edited by Novakog : 03 March 2013 at 06:41 AM.

Old 03 March 2013   #54
Originally Posted by SheepFactory: Hey Andrew,

It's super slick the locators have some really nice custom display types in the viewport with some nice channel haul tools..

Old 03 March 2013   #55
Twelve, thirteen, fourteen, and fifteen, are out now.

Old 03 March 2013   #56
Originally Posted by Kabab: It's super slick the locators have some really nice custom display types in the viewport with some nice channel haul tools..

A nice addition it is "influenced" by what Softimage have, but they should had more custom display types Theres never seem to be enough different Custom types in a Rig hehehe

Old 03 March 2013   #57
So the current price ends 11am PST - $1195
The reveal is 10am for some. When will the rest of us be able to see that? Before 11am PST?

After 11am modo will cost $1495 right? Plus a 20% VAT which is not included before 11am?

Is there a plan about how expensive the upgrades might become in the future? Foundry prices?

Old 03 March 2013   #58
Originally Posted by Sthu: So the current price ends 11am PST - $1195
The reveal is 10am for some. When will the rest of us be able to see that? Before 11am PST?

After 11am modo will cost $1495 right? Plus a 20% VAT which is not included before 11am?

Is there a plan about how expensive the upgrades might become in the future? Foundry prices?

Wait where are you seeing when the current price ends?

Old 03 March 2013   #59
Originally Posted by SheepFactory: Wait where are you seeing when the current price ends?

http://www.luxology.com/store/special_offers/

Not sure where I read about 701 costing $1495 though, maybe it was speculations.

Old 03 March 2013   #60
Originally Posted by Sthu:
Not sure where I read about 701 costing $1495 though, maybe it was speculations.

The new price is on that very page.

Thread Closed share thread