Modo 7 - Particles sneak peek video

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #16
Never mind

Last edited by Veehoy : 03 March 2013 at 01:15 AM.

Old 03 March 2013   #17
There is a more detailed video but you can only watch it if your a Luxology customer... Only other thing i saw was that the order of operation can be freely re-arranged..

Old 03 March 2013   #18
Originally Posted by Veehoy: *****

Those video's aren't meant to be freely shared..

Old 03 March 2013   #19
There is a modo webcast on the 25th where they will show all the new features so the rest of us will have to wait for that most likely.

Old 03 March 2013   #20
Is that some kind of a fluid solver in there? particle meshing? Voxel based rendering? Very intriguing...

Old 03 March 2013   #21
They added volume and blob rendering in 601 so it's probably using a more refined iteration of those rendering styles...

Old 03 March 2013   #22
Looking forward to MODO 701!

Old 03 March 2013   #23
looking forward to seeing more info. the examples seem cool based on render properties more than dynamics properties. all have the same sort of base emitter and turbulence going on. also all/most the examples the particles sort of died suddenly rather than fading out would be nice to see some variations, texture and object based emissions etc...more fields, spawning, instancing, per particle attributes, etc... still...modo growing up

Old 03 March 2013   #24
That's a decent feature list. Those scene performance improvements are badly needed.

Let's hope with the added influence of The Foundry into the development program, this 701 release is quite a bit more solid than 601. I was hugely disappointed with how bug ridden and downright unstable 601 was.

Old 03 March 2013   #25
[QUOTE=cresshead]try this! /QUOTE]

KEEP CALM Posters = no Cresshead. They are not innovative or clever. Just massively over used and dull. Please stop.

#MostHatedDesignMemeOfTheDecade.

Old 03 March 2013   #26
I like the direction they are going with this, obviously there is a big Foundry influence now and it is getting a more VFX/pipeline emphasis. And yes, I would hope it has improved in stablity!

I have barely touched my 601 license since getting it, but with the new node based particle system and the volumetric tools from 601, I could well upgrade. The particle/dynamics integration is also looking very promising.

Not exactly going to compete with HDN/Ice/TP any time soon but a solid start.Will keep me tided over until Maxon finally gets its act together with its particle tools

Old 03 March 2013   #27
Why are they hiding info for potential new customers?

If I am interested I do not want to feel left out. Hopefully there will be enough information so I can make a decision before release and take advantage of the cheaper upgrade.

I will not buy anything the messiah way and hopefully that's not lux's style.

Old 03 March 2013   #28
Originally Posted by Sthu: Why are they hiding info for potential new customers?

If I am interested I do not want to feel left out. Hopefully there will be enough information so I can make a decision before release and take advantage of the cheaper upgrade.

I will not buy anything the messiah way and hopefully that's not lux's style.

It's not. Based on their previous approaches, they will have a well coordinated and very informative release strategy. I'm slightly surprised that they went down this sneak peek road, though. It's bitten other companies before now and I thought Luxology would have been aware that relatively little is gained from the drip-feed approach.

Old 03 March 2013   #29
Agreed. I hate the drip feed marketing. Just unveil it. It is not a movie.

Old 03 March 2013   #30
A new video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featu...d&v=eRgxCMOZ_aI

Thread Closed share thread